PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det rich at idle then lean with throttle.. please help

Cubantunr
02-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Ok so here's the deal Sr20det redtop s13 hatch. At idle the car runs ok then after about 15 seconds it starts to get very rich and stays that way, I went to give it a little gas and Bam just straight to lean and almost dies. I barely touch the throttle and it jumps from rich to lean, let off gas and back to rich. Stock injectors, nismo fpr. The o rings were bad so I replaced them, set the fpr to 36 idle and 42 with vacuum hose disconnected, the injectors were checked and ultrasonic cleaned all tested good but that doesn't mean they're spraying consistent does it? Checked them with the ohm meter on a cold night and read back 10.7-11 on all 4. Replaced pcv valve and all still the same. The injectors sat with bad gas for about a year before the cleaning. Idk what else it could be. Any help appreciated, thanks.
Btw I'm running walbro 255 fuel pump.

rcdad123
02-08-2013, 10:49 PM
MAF sensor, TPS, CTS, check them all

Cubantunr
02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Alright I will give them all a look this Sunday n monday, keep u guys informed..

silviaS14guy29
02-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Anything with the fuel system is always such a headache! on mine i had a similar issue the ratio was all over the place at certain rpms, it ended up just being a loose ground wire causing the pcm to malfunction. so just keep an eye out for loose grounds, bare wires, etc and print out a wiring diagram it will help in the long run! Best of luck man hope you get her fixed up!

steve shadows
02-11-2013, 11:40 AM
You pump could be dying also. Walbros do this.