PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE cooling issues

USAFs13
02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I went in and changed out all my belts this past weekend. When I pulled the top radiator hose I lost a lot of coolant but I kind of expected that. Not sure if this matters but I used the goodyear gatorback belts (heard they fit tighter than most but just hear say). Anyway afterwards I filled the radiator and overflow tank back up with coolant let it run for a min open the bleeder valve till just fluid came out closed up and hit the road.

Car will only reach normal operating temp while sitting still. Once I start driving and even if I get on it the car will start going back down to cold. Searching is telling me that this a thermostat issue (stuck open) but what could have caused that? System was fine before I opened it up. Also some heat is coming out the vents but its faint. I'm going to try to pressurize the system tomorrow and bleed one more time. Just trying to avoid the problem from happening again because I ordered thermostat and hoses to go on the car in case its time for a change up.

rwtf
02-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Mine does the same thing, but i have an s14 sr20. I even put in a brand new Tstat and tested it.

jtk240
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I had the same problem with my 96. Try a Nissan thermostat and see if you have better luck. Mine stays about 2 needle widths off cool but when measured at the cap it shows to be correct temp.