PDA

View Full Version : need advice on motor for drift car *look*

Shawn661
02-04-2013, 02:19 AM
don't start off bashing my thread saying "use the search bar" because I hardly post and just search and couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm thinking about which way to go with my drift car I was going to go RB25 just to stay with Nissan I've already used the sr and it isn't quite torquey enough for me.

So my question is should I go rb25, the only reason why I wouldn't is because of the oiling issue I hear about from the G forces, or is it am issue for you?? I hear about the accusump has anybody used this is it complicated to install?

Or because I want more torque toque should I just go straight for a ls1
Is it a lot different drifting because of the weight of the ls1?

I WANT FIRST HAND INFO
Thanks guys my names Shawn

I hope this thread helps out other people in the same predicament that I am in

motteramm
02-04-2013, 05:20 PM
Well first off an LS1 weighs less than an SR, but that is completely beside the point.. Both swaps will cost well over 5k so my question to you would be why is it that you want "more torque" because their are loads of guys out there with stock KA's that kill it.. I would ask myself that question before I even consider dropping that kind of money into a car.

mathewsr20
02-04-2013, 05:30 PM
what motors have you used to drift with so far?

what were your impressions of them?

rwtf
02-04-2013, 06:40 PM
If you have the money to go LS1 then do it.

alexanderig
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Ls. And it doesn't seem like you've done research on the ls series.

ShadowMan
02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
What the fuck is going on in here? Everybody chill the fuck out, and pull your heads out of each others asses for some fresh air. OP, you couldn't have searched much or you would already understand that engine choice is a matter of preference, money, mechanical ability and availability of tuning support where you live. Don't you lie to us.

Well first off an LS1 weighs less than an SR, but that is completely beside the point.. Both swaps will cost well over 5k so my question to you would be why is it that you want "more torque" because their are loads of guys out there with stock KA's that kill it.. I would ask myself that question before I even consider dropping that kind of money into a car.

LS1 weighs less than an SR? If this is a joke, then go balls out. If you're serious with this response, then stop posting. You couldn't have searched that shit, because within 3 minutes I was able to find that an aluminum ls1 weighs in at 430 lbs and an sr is in at around 330. Loads of KA's killing SR's or LS1's? WHile big HP 4 cylinder's are not so crazy these days, their engine bay life is. A V8 and an SR/KA making, let's say 500 hp each, are driven the same way in a track car, the V8 will out last the inline 4's. It must be out of boredom that I even try to educate.

Croustibat
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
What the fuck is going on in here? Everybody chill the fuck out, and pull your heads out of each others asses for some fresh air. OP, you couldn't have searched much or you would already understand that engine choice is a matter of preference, money, mechanical ability and availability of tuning support where you live. Don't you lie to us.

LS1 weighs less than an SR? If this is a joke, then go balls out. If you're serious with this response, then stop posting. You couldn't have searched that shit, because within 3 minutes I was able to find that an aluminum ls1 weighs in at 430 lbs and an sr is in at around 330. Loads of KA's killing SR's or LS1's? WHile big HP 4 cylinder's are not so crazy these days, their engine bay life is. A V8 and an SR/KA making, let's say 500 hp each, are driven the same way in a track car, the V8 will out last the inline 4's. It must be out of boredom that I even try to educate.

Who cares really ... the OP is 18yo, he wants a big badass engine for his dorifto car yo, and thats the end of it.

Because a turbo 2L engine does not have enough torque.
@OP > Do you think a 1.3L volvo 340 does not have enough torque to drift ? Same goes for the old toyota corolla, which had an engine know to have no torque. Yet they do pretty well.

It just is a user problem ...

KevinEdgar
02-05-2013, 10:51 PM
what ever you can afford man.

fliprayzin240sx
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Gallo 24 because Gallo 12s fucking suck donkey balls...

Shawn661
02-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Gallo 24 because Gallo 12s fucking suck donkey balls...

Pizza companys dont make engines haha

BadIntentionS14
03-28-2013, 03:55 AM
Pizza companys dont make engines haha

Im runnin a Gallo 16... thats what the previos owner said :mad:

to the op, go to some events watch them. Try getting some first hand info from the guys there (some events/tracks allow ride alongs). That will give help give you more of an idea what you want. Practice more with the stock motor while you decide. Or search and see what sounds more like you but is it really youre car if we tell you what to put in there? It's a dive in the pockets either way so choose for yourself.

EnemyS15
03-28-2013, 05:22 AM
B20 honda motor = vtec

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9442/vtecyodq8.jpg

Tom N
03-30-2013, 04:07 PM
Did I really read someone say a LS1 weighs less than a SR???

demonspeed
03-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Honestly, stick with the KA and learn from there. Ive seen numerous KA's KILL SR's....but to sum it all up, it all depends on your wallet lol

ultimateirving
03-30-2013, 05:59 PM
Did I really read someone say a LS1 weighs less than a SR???

I lol'd too. dont worry

Kingtal0n
03-30-2013, 10:45 PM
drift car look? a drill and some zip ties should do the trick