PDA

View Full Version : Who has SR20DET and AEM EMS??

G20-Budo
02-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Hello all,

I'm pretty new here (I think this is my first post). I was wondering who all decided to go AEM for their SR20DET swap?

I have heard different inputs about AEM, I'm looking to learn from the different people here's experiences.

Thanks..

-Kyle

dawagarage
02-03-2013, 01:29 AM
have you tried googling sr20det aem ems

OrangeVirus1
02-03-2013, 01:40 AM
what's a google

huffandpuff00
02-03-2013, 02:06 AM
i use aem v1 and im sr20det, it works fine for me...make sure you getting something your tuner or local trusted shop can tune with

ashtonroche
02-03-2013, 03:56 AM
I run an AEM on my FWD SR, nothing wrong with it....Just have to make sure you know what your doing if you plan on setting it up and tuning it yourself....Like others have said, find a good tuner that has worked with it before and youll be fine.

kp23464
02-03-2013, 06:13 AM
I’ve been running an AME series 2 for over a year; no problems had the MAF remove and put in a vacuum setup. Had it installed and tuned by a shop I trust and they are the only ones who work on it. You can do some damage if you try and do things on your own. It’s nice to be able to hookup the computer and see how things are operating but I make no changes.

JFoxx
02-03-2013, 07:48 AM
have it....love it......
(ver 2 with maf delete)

G20-Budo
02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.. For those have have removed the MAF, how do you like that vs running a MAF? I have the option to do MAP if I want, just not sure it's "all that". I realize if you're running ITB's it could be a nice options, or if you're not wanting a MAF, but running a MAF doesn't seem that bad of a deal IMO.

And for those that told me to go google, the reason I came here is, I wanted to hear what the people who are running the AEM with a SR20 think, not as easy to get that from just doing a search.

-Kyle

ashtonroche
02-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Map owns Maf, thats one of the main reasons to do a full standalone. lol. You are far less limited by a Map than a Maf, and its just as accurate when tuned properly. Better looking engine bay, cleaner charge pipe/intake pipe.

Thats the best part of the whole thing and being able to monitor things, set up switched to ground switches in the ems, full on boost control using the aem boost solenoid including boost by gear. It has several programmable high side and low side switches to activate whatever you want whenever and by whatever parameters you want, full control of every single thing running on the vehicle. You really cant go wrong with a full standalone and AEM is one of the cheaper units out there and does all the basics you would need.

G20-Budo
02-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Hey Ashton, how you doing? I haven't heard from you since buying the B15 output and input shafts.

Thanks for your inputs. That does help to answer a few questions I had regarding MAF vs MAP. I don't know for sure that I'll go with an AEM vs another option, but hearing from you stand-a-lone EMS guys does help me in making the decision to go that route. :)

ashtonroche
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
If your still not wanting to pay full price for a full standalone you could hit up JKTuning on sr20-forum.com and try out the Nismotronic stuff. His next firmware upgrade will allow MAP sensor conversion to eliminate maf all together as well. This all done on a factory ecu. Dont know if hes done any S13 stuff yet or not but I know for us B13/P10 guys his stuff is awesome. Very easy to use and tune using tunercode, Nismotronic, and Nemu. Full datalogging capability, wideband tie in to replace the signal from the stock o2 sensor. Pretty cool stuff.

Again, just not sure if hes done any s13 ecus or not as they are a little bit different as far as having single coil vs having COP.

Either way you cant go wrong with AEM's stuff.

G20-Budo
02-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Already ahead of your Ashton. :) I have been talking to John. And they have done a number of S13 ECU's already. And yes, the using a Wideband in place of my stock o2 sensor is on the plate, and of course I'm trying to determine if I want to run MAP or MAF.. But after hearing all the good things about AEM, I thought it would be dumb to just jump to that solution without at least checking to see what the SR crowd over here had to say.

I'll hit you up directly related to any FWD SR questions I have. Thanks again for your posts!

-Kyle

huffandpuff00
02-03-2013, 11:12 PM
def go map over maf if you can

OnTheChip
05-17-2013, 08:47 AM
def go map over maf if you can

NismotronicSA (http://www.nismotronic.com/nismotronic-rt-packages/jktuning/nismotronicsa-tuning-package_002_30.php) with MAF to MAP conversion (and many other features) is now available.

240sxfan6882
05-17-2013, 09:02 AM
NismotronicSA (http://www.nismotronic.com/nismotronic-rt-packages/jktuning/nismotronicsa-tuning-package_002_30.php) with MAF to MAP conversion (and many other features) is now available.

NismotronicSA is looking mighty tempting! I have an Enthalpy tune for my KA-T, but I might consider upgrading to this

EsChassisLove
05-17-2013, 09:13 AM
I run AEM V2 on my SR20.

No issues and some amazing capabilities on this ECU.