PDA

View Full Version : rb20det advice

fsuarez
01-27-2013, 10:24 PM
just recently replaced the turbo on the rb20

problems:
1) in order to turn on the car i always need to give it gas for it to turn on, if not it'll die before it turns on completely

2) when car is on and just parked it idles around 2000 and then once it warms up it goes back down to 1500 or so, problem is once you start driving the car it feels like its struggling to stay on and if not careful it dies; also i do not have the iacv connected

3) planning to replace the stock intake manifold with a "Godspeed Project RB20DET Intake Manifold" because a buddy of mine has one laying around and so i can get rid of the pipe that goes over the motor and back around; was wondering if i get any cons or pros to doing this.

4) also just did the oil change but oil is as black as it was before, anyone knows anything i can do to flush or anything i can do to not get the same black oil

**please just post your knowledge, thanks guys

OrangeVirus1
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Could be a too rich/too lean issue, Vacuum leak, or dying maf would be my guess.

fsuarez
01-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Could be a too rich/too lean issue, Vacuum leak, or dying maf would be my guess.

thanks bro ill see what i find or if putting on the iacv solve it, a buddy of mine said that it might be it

mantas
01-27-2013, 11:16 PM

+1 on the vac leak or MAF. Just got my ka24de running in the datsun 620, it had similar issues and i had a leaking manifold and one bad wire on the MAF.