PDA

View Full Version : RB20DET no power to ecu

wahhpshh
01-21-2013, 01:19 AM
car was running at one point then had harness issues. bought a new harness and after doing the f3 plug wiring im not getting any fire. itll still turnover all day long and all accessories still work, so main harness is still in working order. i also noticed that fuel pump isnt priming once key is switched on and also noticed that the ecu code light isnt turning on. so at that point i started running a multi-meter and im getting no power on the f3-1 nor f3-17 wires (constant and switched 12v). ive tested relays and theyre still good. currently not getting any power to go thru the relays either. i traced down a known good constant and switched source and im still not getting anything to happen with ecu. i ran a spare ecu i have to see if that was the problem and had no luck. all grounds are tight and for good measure cleaned all surfaces. is there anything else that i could possibly be missing? any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Biggamehit
01-21-2013, 02:57 AM
Are the wires from the f3 plug indeed going to the ECU? also your body harness pink and black wire for fuel, is that going where it needs to go? to the body harness itself.

Check your engine continuity fuse(s) as well.. i had one blow before as I was jumping the car .... didnt like it and just popped replaced it nothing was wrong.

wahhpshh
01-21-2013, 07:41 AM
I wired directly off the o,p,q plugs to the f3 plug itself. All fuses are good but still yet to run a multi-meter to verify anything. its just throwing me off that im not getting power to ecu but i am everything else. Was thinking wipers still functioned which would be awkward since it runs directly off f3 plug.

wahhpshh
01-22-2013, 09:44 AM
bump. any other opinions???

Prof Chaos
02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Had a similar issue.... Bro sounds dumb
But check the o2 sensor plug and the coil pack plug, they are the only 2 plugs that are the same... I had my coil pack plugged into the o2 sensor, and the plug from the ecu going into the plug for the o2 which went into the harness

I was lacking spark because of this, i also had no power from the switched ignition because of this, although the fuel pump was working at the time... Check the pinout for the ecu and multimeter for the fuel pump. Might also wanna check at the ignition cylinder itself if theres power comig in or out

wahhpshh
02-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Ive ran multi meter on both f3 1 and 17, all relays and still no power. ive found a constant and switched power source and i still cant get power to anything after connecting to the correct pin on f3 plug. ill check out the o2 and coil pack plug though... my luck itll be something stupid like that.

Prof Chaos
02-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Ya man, i thought all the plugs were good... Then i started going through the wiring harness, i wasted about 20 hours on the electrical until i realised it

May or may not have made me feel like i rode the short bus:spank: