PDA

View Full Version : S14 Rb20det wont start

HurstMotoX67
01-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Before every one gives me shi* for starting ANOTHER "wont start" thread, know that my car just died at about 10am today while it was idling and I've been researching and reading and trying just about everything i can find.
So, that leaves me here. My s14 backfired and ran almost like it was in limp mode yesterday night for about 5 minutes and then started running fine and boosting fine again and so i parked it and turned it off and went inside and had a few beers and went to bed. Woke up today to go pick up my coil overs since Fedex refused to drop them at my house and it didn't want to start so i re-primed the fuel system by turning the key again and waiting for the fuel pump (walbro 255) to kick off and it hesitantly fired up and ran badly and then just idled up to 2000rpm and then i moved it inside my buddies garage while it warmed up. got about 1/2 way warm and it just shut off. Tried to start it again and nothing happens, just lots and lots of cranking. I replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor with a good one off of a running car and same with the igniter. MAF was cleaned last week and hasn't given any troubles since then. I've checked and redid two grounds and checked the coilpacks and they have NO cracks or anything. The car will prime the fuel system still though. everything works fine except it doesn't start... I'm seriously at a loss for what it is.. ANY help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks