PDA

View Full Version : Ka24e Sohc EGR Tube? Must have?

khemix
03-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, just swapped my old ka24e to another used ka24e. On the back of the engine there is the ERG (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Tube and both were broken. I believe they connect fron the intake manifold to the exhaust manifold but i'll have to double check that. Does anyone know if this piece is an absolute must have for the engine to run? Thanks guys and I really appreciate your help!

Chris

zero.counter
03-29-2004, 10:39 PM
If the computer detects either low/high coolant temps, engine starts, high speed driving, any idling, or an inoperable MAFs, it will tell the EGR to discharge the spent fumes and open the vacuum, thus compensating for those conditions...assisting in bringing the car to a normal operation state.

If you do some reading on emissions controls, you will understand how. One thing is for sure, you will experience a very rough idle without, ot to say that that would be the only problem...

khemix
03-30-2004, 07:27 AM
damn zero-counter, you've been a great help and i really appreciate it. I'm young and have never done any kind of mechanical work and this is kinda tough without the FSM. Again I really appreciate your help! I'll PM you man. Thanks again.

Chris

2240sx's
03-30-2004, 02:35 PM
damn zero-counter, you've been a great help and i really appreciate it. I'm young and have never done any kind of mechanical work and this is kinda tough without the FSM. Again I really appreciate your help! I'll PM you man. Thanks again.

Chris

Were in the same boat man! But it gets easier as you learn more about the car. Keep at it and all will be well. :wiggle: