PDA

View Full Version : Starter Problem

firekirin
03-29-2004, 09:30 AM
hope you can help i dont know what the problem is unless i m wrong... here is the situation i have an s13 blacktop in an s13.. i m havin a stater problem... when i first put the engine in and everything hooked up. i tryied to start it but it make a cliking noise.. the starter seems to be trying to engage into the flywheel but it doesnt line up right i guess and it disengages.. well so i thought it was the starter... so i went and bought a starter for a 93 sentra se-r. just took the nose cone off the sentra starter and put the sr20det one onto the new starter which i believe this is ok right? well so i put it on and the same thing happened ...i can get the engine to start but i have to keep turning the key off and on untill the firing sequence is right and the engine starts.. so i figured the problem was the flywheel so i just bought a spec flywheel from heavythrottle.com this past week... put the flywheel and everything back into the car and the same thing happens... it seems like the starter isnt engaging the right way now i dont know what to do and there is no one local in my town that can help me cause they dont know what the hell engine this is and so i figured i would asked on the forums.... right now this is what i have on the car if anything might help

sr20det blacktop
3in greddy dp
greddy fmic
spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel
apexi avcr but boost is at stock 7psi
oil filter relocation kit

that is it everything is basically stock i m really stumped if you can help in any way i would greatly appreciated

sil_8t
11-25-2004, 02:41 AM
i too need to know why, b/c im having the same problem with my red top

Toahk
11-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Have someone hold the key on the start position while another taps the relay on the passenger side. Its a blue relay between the battery and the passenger fender. Check connections, grounds, everything. Shouldn't have bought all that junk before you knew what the problem really was, but oh well.

Inland180
11-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Did you ever getthe engine to start at alll. If not then it may be your wiring

Toahk
11-25-2004, 04:04 PM
dang, I didnt see how old this thread was. duh