PDA

View Full Version : SOHC K24E power steering issue

Bambi
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Okay so I've searched Google, NicoClub, and of course beloved Zilvia but I do not understand what's wrong.

Today I replaced my shit power steering pump with a used/rebuilt pump.
Pump looked great, pulley spins as it should so it wasn't frozen/siezed, nothing visually wrong and everything intact.

So I install it and put the intake, belt and everything else I had removed and check how much ps/at fluid I had. Everything checked out.

Start the car and instantly hear a ticking/rattling noise and it's coming from the pump. Not only that but the steering has become worse!? Noise increasing with acceleration and rotation of the steering wheel.
There's no leaking/loss of fluid.

I let the car run for a bit at idle hoping that would make some sort of difference by some dumb random chance... no.

I'll have a video up once I'm out of work so you guys can hear it but as described, it's a rattle-like sound from the pump itself.

KiLLeR2001
01-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Did you turn the wheel all the way both ways to help bleed the system of air? You need to do this a few times until the steering becomes smooth, keeping the resevoir filled to the proper amount.

Bambi
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
I did that for a few minutes and wasn't noticing any difference at all. Is possible that I'll have to keep doing that for a while?