PDA

View Full Version : Big brake options for my s14?

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey all,

I'm trying too see witch big brake kit I can upgrade too on my 97 240. I know the z32 upgrade but I wanted to know is there other kits I can do like is the j30s a big brake upgrade? I'm going to be running 15x8 rims so z32 won't work is there something else I can use to fit my needs?

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

fliprayzin240sx
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Really? You couldnt search to see that the J30 is an upgrade over the stock OE brakes?

holemilk00
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM
15x8 on an s14, that's going to look amazing!!!! I say you do the Nissan Versa brake swap.

zooopreme
12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
J30's are a nice upgrade but have a small variety of brake pads.

Since your wheels are so small, I would suggest just upgrading your rotors and pads and if you're feeling good about yourself, SS lines and fluid.

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Goto love the trolls on zilvia lol thanks or the answer but I also asked us there any other upgrades.

PrimeDirective
12-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Goto love the trolls on zilvia lol thanks or the answer but I also asked us there any other upgrades.

Says the guy putting 15x8s on a S14..Get the fuck out of here.

:lockd:

zooopreme
12-27-2012, 09:41 AM
You didn't take the time to search. Instead you insisted on being spoon fed.

If you would have searched you would have seen Altima rotors/Z31 brackets, J30/Q45, Z32, 350Z, etc. etc.

Learn to use the search function. You've been here for quite some time now too.

fliprayzin240sx
12-27-2012, 09:56 AM

Because you have alot of fucking options for a 15" wheel right? Big Brakes and 15" rims is a fucking oxymoron moron :bash:

omgRWDgoodness!
12-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Not this guy again... :rolleyes:

Flicktitty
12-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Q45s should clear too.

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Lots of good info here thanks guys I'll get started on my 15inc rim with big brake kit!
;)

2muchboost
12-27-2012, 10:27 AM
FYI, I have z32 Rear Brakes and have also done tons of research on 15" rims since I want some track specific rears. From what I have gathered you will need spacers for most 15" setup in the rear with Z32 brakes except for RaceStar Industry Wheels.

Race Star Industries - 2012 Catalog (http://www.racestarindustries.com/catalog.html)

So if your looking for something like that I know they will fit but for everything else I have searched...a small spacer is required.

If your looking for the front, I personally am running 30mm Z32 front calipers with Z33 Track rotors. But then again I wasnt planning on running 15" up front.

Are you looking to run 15" all the way around? If your question relates to a Drag Racing Setup (which is what I am hoping) then the Drag Zilvia thread has great info.

iRideFBMSR20det
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Really? You couldnt search to see that the J30 is an upgrade over the stock OE brakes?

Yes I agree.
Google is great!
I suck at searching, but yet I still find what I need on google

Lol wait you want 15's..... Lol go get a ae then you can run 15's

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 10:42 AM
FYI, I have z32 Rear Brakes and have also done tons of research on 15" rims since I want some track specific rears. From what I have gathered you will need spacers for most 15" setup in the rear with Z32 brakes except for RaceStar Industry Wheels.

Race Star Industries - 2012 Catalog (http://www.racestarindustries.com/catalog.html)

So if your looking for something like that I know they will fit but for everything else I have searched...a small spacer is required.

If your looking for the front, I personally am running 30mm Z32 front calipers with Z33 Track rotors. But then again I wasnt planning on running 15" up front.

Are you looking to run 15" all the way around? If your question relates to a Drag Racing Setup (which is what I am hoping) then the Drag Zilvia thread has great info.

Thanks I new someone would show up that can shade light on this thread. 99% of the time u have to wait it out and after the trolling settles people start to help.

Yes I would like to run 15" all around so far with y searching I found out 15x8 with a 5.5 should do the trick in the rear maybe run a 255/60/15 and that should be ok on stock suspension. I didnt recall reading about a space with this spec in the rear. If I need a spacer I'll can always add it in after. For the fronts I would like to run a 15x8 but the offset still dont no yet if I can't get the right offset for the look in trying to get ill then go with the 15x3.

I need brakes badly with my power upgrade and I'm playing on 650 to 700 wheel so I need a brake system that will stop me lol. Being that the j30s are the easyest for me to get my hands on that might be what I'll go with. But I just need to see what I'll need to get them to clear the 15"s

P.s
to the trolls not everyone on this forum is into the drift seen or into the Jdm flush look. Before u bash people fir what rim size they want or anything else try to understand what there doing. None of u had a clue about what I was asking or trying to do and u flipped off the handle. Every forum known to man says the same thing SEARCH maybe some people has searched but just can't find the answer there looking for. Just cause u can find something that someone else can't does make u the almighty one to bash other.

Anyways thanks for the help

Flicktitty
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Have you considered running a larger front wheel and a smaller back wheel if your gonna drag the car maybe look into a 17" front runner so you can rub bigger brakes.

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Have you considered running a larger front wheel and a smaller back wheel if your gonna drag the car maybe look into a 17" front runner so you can rub bigger brakes.

By doing this would that make problems for
Me going down the track? I no u should run bigger in the back and skinnies in the front so u don't lose controll. I seen this done but that's dangerous no?

jr_ss
12-27-2012, 10:59 AM
J30's aren't going to be enough... You need larger front brakes and wheels end of story.

This has been covered many times. There is a wheel fitment thread you could've searched for wheel setups and many brake related upgrade threads.

Next time search for more than 5minutes.

PS: Flip is far from a troll and no one said you were looking for the JDM flush look...

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
J30's aren't going to be enough... You need larger front brakes and wheels end of story.

This has been covered many times. There is a wheel fitment thread you could've searched for wheel setups and many brake related upgrade threads.

Next time search for more than 5minutes.

PS: Flip is far from a troll and no one said you were looking for the JDM flush look...

I never called flip a troll as u can see flip is one of the only one's helping me out so don't put words in my mouth. I know flip he helped me a lot so don't come here saying I'm calling him a troll read the thread before posting.

PrimeDirective
12-27-2012, 11:19 AM
So you are drag racing?

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
So you are drag racing?

Yea never got into the drift thing.

holemilk00
12-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Never mind, you're a drag racer. Carry on with the 15s and just put good pads on it. That's all it will need.

GripTerror
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM
dont buy old junkyard nissan calipers. Get some brand new willwoods in a kit... after u get quality rotors, pads, lines, fluid, etc... and refurb on some z32 or whatever junkyard calipers... ull end up spending quite a penny but spend a little more on a willwood kit which comes with all that and ull have something brand new, lighter, better..

zaquanh
12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
all this bs for big brakes , have you thought about upgrading ur wheels then brakes , just a thought seeing how your trying to put big brakes under 15x8s

nismostate
12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
imo, u should at least have z32 brakes if your making 650-700hp.

jr_ss
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
I never called flip a troll as u can see flip is one of the only one's helping me out so don't put words in my mouth. I know flip he helped me a lot so don't come here saying I'm calling him a troll read the thread before posting.

Because you have alot of fucking options for a 15" wheel right? Big Brakes and 15" rims is a fucking oxymoron moron :bash:

Oh is that right? Then I guess I made all those posts above up. I didn't put words in your mouth, I got them straight from the horse's mouth....

Hashiriya415
12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
As far as I remember long ago my friend bought a S13 with Factory SE wheels and it had Z32 brakes in front. They fit in the 15in wheel. But I think they were dual piston. So if you are going with 4 piston, and you already have wider wheels that might work for you, maybe you'll need a spacer.

Mikester
12-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Q45 brakes & parachute FTW!!!!!!!!!!

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Oh is that right? Then I guess I made all those posts above up. I didn't put words in your mouth, I got them straight from the horse's mouth....
ya ur right he is the troll i was thinking of someone else. anyways i careless about the trolling just ignoring it anyways.

BadazzSr20
12-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Q45 brakes & parachute FTW!!!!!!!!!!
lol now your talking!!

all this bs for big brakes , have you thought about upgrading ur wheels then brakes , just a thought seeing how your trying to put big brakes under 15x8s

yes as i said above if i go with a 17" then im going to have to pull fenders i want to run a rim that i dont have to do anything tot he stock sheet metal. im not looking to mess with the sheet metal i just want a rim thats going to run a MT ET street with out hacking up the car.

Teigen
12-28-2012, 04:42 AM
You Could consider having double up with calipers maybe? as the 15" rim gives you a maximum of brake size, I would for sure do something like that.
On my car, I cut away the OEM caliper mounting on the rear-knuckle on my s14. I did this to fit Front 4-piston EUROspec s14 brakes, it's nothing easy to do but welding and making new mountings for 1 or more calipers is not very hard, just takes some time. I don't know, but I guess you maybe could find pre-made brackets for mouting 2x calipera rear on silvias for other Nissan calipers?

Anyway, good luck

godsmack
12-28-2012, 04:21 PM
If I were in your shoes I'd just run the 15's in the rear and run a 16" or 17" skinny up front to help with clearance on brakes. If you don't have the rims yet I'd even run 16's in the back. There's plenty of tire options for 16" rims for drag racing. If you're really hell bent on the 15's it's going to be tricky to get something bigger up front. Gonna probably be a trial and error till you get what you're looking for.

2muchboost
12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Run 17s up front. If its track and street use go with Z32 tt brake setup and do NOT cheap out on pads. My hp will be above that and I'm running the setup I mentioned.