PDA

View Full Version : SR20det z32 MAFS issue bad connection

SilviaT
11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
sr20det redtop, 440cc injectors, #62 ecu pre mapped to z32 and my injectors, headers full exhaust greddy rs bov recirculated internal wastegate t28 turbo. S
SO i am missing the C clip to my z32 MAF and sometime when im driving ill notice my idle drop from 900 to about 600 and it will not rev past 2500/3000rpms like its in safe mode.. I get out, wiggle the connection to my MAF and it goes back to normal.. Drives great, pulls hard and idles steady until the connection gets messed up....
What should i do?! Replace my maf or find the clip?

steve shadows
11-26-2012, 10:08 PM
sr20det redtop, 440cc injectors, #62 ecu pre mapped to z32 and my injectors, headers full exhaust greddy rs bov recirculated internal wastegate t28 turbo. S
SO i am missing the C clip to my z32 MAF and sometime when im driving ill notice my idle drop from 900 to about 600 and it will not rev past 2500/3000rpms like its in safe mode.. I get out, wiggle the connection to my MAF and it goes back to normal.. Drives great, pulls hard and idles steady until the connection gets messed up....
What should i do?! Replace my maf or find the clip?

You basically answered your own question. It's probably the actual MAF wiring though that is loose or screwy, can you see the full wires leading back into the loom? They might need to be re-checked and yes I would get the clip either way!:w00t:

SilviaT
11-26-2012, 10:12 PM
You basically answered your own question. It's probably the actual MAF wiring though that is loose or screwy, can you see the full wires leading back into the loom? They might need to be re-checked and yes I would get the clip either way!:w00t:

It has a little rubber cover the wires but i've tightened up the clip where the teeth in the plug go into but the clip is not sold in storess its very hard to find. i have a piece of wire twisted so it is tighter and it kinda works but i dont like jimmy rigging. haha. Maybe cleaning my maf would be smart?

steve shadows
11-26-2012, 10:14 PM
It has a little rubber cover the wires but i've tightened up the clip where the teeth in the plug go into but the clip is not sold in storess its very hard to find. i have a piece of wire twisted so it is tighter and it kinda works but i dont like jimmy rigging. haha. Maybe cleaning my maf would be smart?

I'm always wary of cleaning the maf thing. You can do it but you need to follow a strict process and make sure it's a specific type of electrical cleaner. It's very easy to ruin them.

I would check the actual wiring running back up into the loom and find a way to make sure the rigging it extremely tight and keeping it in place. That's your problem...most likely not the maf.

SilviaT
12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
I cleaned my MAF and im looking for a clip but idk where to start!? i havent started it in a few days just because i have another car i drive daily. but i willl!

cotbu
12-01-2012, 11:25 PM
The little clip that's on the mafs plug?
Use a paper clip, straighten it out, bend in a U shape, but more square and you're finished.

SilviaT
12-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Thats what ive beeeen doing and it still feels like it has a poor connection.... maybe the plug itself? Like the wires or the connections on the inside.. ?

cotbu
12-02-2012, 01:28 AM
slight pinch the female pins. if the female pins wobble too much or push out when connecting the plug, use ingenuity.

DennisC
12-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I have an extra oem clip if you need one.

SilviaT
12-03-2012, 11:27 PM
So everytime I would have to adjust the plug on the sensor, it would drive great after I made the connection solid.. I know it's a connection problem.
So I let the car sit for a few days in the garage and thought about what I could do to fix it..
Cleaned my MAFS with MAFS cleaner (found out it is a n60; maxima MAFS) not a z32.
Cleaned my filter with k&n cleaner kit.
Looked at the 4 wires going into the MAFS and made them all snug and tight in the plug.
Reset my ecu, now it's cutting out at boost!!!! Anything after 0psi under 3/4 throttle and it starts to cut out and studder/bog/ run like crap once its getting load....
WTF! It ran fine before, now it'd acting like its in limp mode and only getting code 55 on the ecu! It's an enthlapy tune btw. 440cc and n60 MAFS..
What should I do? Timing? Plugs? ( btw ngk iridium bkr7eix-11 gapped to .028 and at 1800rpm i can hear a buzzing noise coming from the top of my spark plugs and this only started happening after i re-gapped the plugs.) Suggestions pleaaaase!

SilviaT
12-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Anybody?! Bumpp