PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de-t ignition upgrade questions

BTL_nissan
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM
hi Zilvia, this is my first post so I am skeptical of posting...

But after searching and searching still I cant find definate answer to my question Ive decided to post, I am a nissan noob, (Ive just been converted from the honda world)
In the honda world ignition really isnt an issue until 600 hp range but my research is telling me that the KA ignition is garbage after 300hp

Im currently in the middle of my Ka24de-t build, I've got forged internals, mild head work, cams on order, and all of the related fuel uprgades, but what ignition upgrades are needed for my 450-500 hp range???? MSD module?

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
11-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I've seen oem dizzys go as high as 600..but you better have a Damn good tuner....I personally wouldn't which is why i run d585 coils...but for 450 - 500 you shouldn't have any problems just get a good plug...if you are using a s13 you should upgrade to a msd blaster coil...super easy to wire in and there is a how to on ka-t.org

future
11-21-2012, 12:44 PM
If you have that much money in it you should be running a standalone ECU anyways so much as well run some lsX coils so there is nothing to worry about and make more power with better spark

BTL_nissan
11-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Guess I'll have to check out kat.org, as far as a stand alone goes funds have depleted until tax returns, even still being the noob at Nissan I don't know what to get, but that's off topic, I understand that the stand alone helps with tuning but physically won't help with spark, so a coil upgrade is what I'm looking at?

j20accord00
11-21-2012, 07:54 PM
ive had my coupe since 2003 and Ive been running the same setup since probably 2005-6 and its kinda old out dated technology i guess but its 650s with a z32 maf and a 46 trim running on a enthalpy ecu. Ignition has never been an issue however im not making nearly that much power but from what Ive always read/heard it doesnt seem to be a problem till higher HP.

Id spend my money else where. BTW what are you looking to tune the car with?

BTL_nissan
11-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't hate but I haven't put too much thought into tuning, I am for sure se ding my ecu to Specialty Z for a base map tune, let me remind you of my Nissan noobness lol, really don't know what my options are, which is something I will be researching.

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
11-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Well the stand alone allows you to use the coil pack set up which is infinitely better...I'm using aem series 2 personally but there.are other less $$ options that also work well