PDA

View Full Version : drivers window doesnt work

UcanTry
03-21-2004, 11:07 AM
my drivers side window wont go up of down, now its either the motor in the window , the switch, or a fuse.....now i dont think its a fuse cause the passenger window and the sunroof work, on the switch on the drivers door the passneger side switch works, so it could be the switch, i dont know, its just the motor for the window is $$$$$, so do you guys know anyway to test this, thanks

Thieu
03-21-2004, 12:37 PM
my drivers side window wont go up of down, now its either the motor in the window , the switch, or a fuse.....now i dont think its a fuse cause the passenger window and the sunroof work, on the switch on the drivers door the passneger side switch works, so it could be the switch, i dont know, its just the motor for the window is $$$$$, so do you guys know anyway to test this, thanks

I've got a motor (little black box right?) if you want... Sell it to you cheap...

UcanTry
03-21-2004, 12:41 PM
for a 96 drivers door

Thieu
03-21-2004, 12:43 PM
for a 96 drivers door

hmm.. probably not then... sorry...

check a junkyard... they should have them for cheap...

element240
03-21-2004, 12:44 PM
same thing happened to my passenger side on my 95.
i took my door panel off, unplugged the switches, looked around, greased up the window rails(and door handle mechanism while i was at it) and then plugged everything back in.
i think my switch wasn't plugged in all the way, but whatever i did, it works now! :boink: maybe i was just lucky :x:

and oh yea, it probably won't help you, but i have a 95 passenger power window motor assembly for sale if anyone's interested.

UcanTry
03-21-2004, 01:13 PM
ill try taking it apart as seeing thanks

Ghettokracker71
03-21-2004, 03:12 PM
ill try taking it apart as seeing thanks
door panels on an S13 are easy as crap to take off,I don't know about S14s though

gfisch
03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Just pull the door panel off and unplug the motor. Now just measure the voltage with a multimeter at the plug when pushing the switch.
If you have power, then its probably the motor (or it wasn't plugged in fully)
If not, check the power at the switch. If no power, then its probably a fuse.

Oh, actually, just remebered that the s14 has a separate control box for the drivers side window for the automatic down. Its mounted to the door behind the panel. You should check that too. Check for power before and after it.