PDA

View Full Version : Car scenes in Japan

Girldrifters15
11-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Well, I'm visiting Japan for a week in April next year as a stopover, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me where would I find the car scene there? As well as some drifting please!!

I am also VERY keen to visit top secret! But if you could recommend other Japanese tuning garages that would be greatly appreciated :)

I'll probably stay in Tokyo most of the time,
But would like to visit Osaka too!!!

Also, are girls welcome there?? Thanks!
Not like for the models, but one genuinely interested in the cars only lol (if that makes sense) thanks for the help!!

Girldrifters15
11-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Anyone?? :(

rune1241
11-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Well I live in Osaka now. There is definitely a car scene, but I haven't really put the most effort into getting more info on it. But I see sweet cars all the time in Osaka. Hopefully I get off my lazy ass and meet some people soon.

Girldrifters15
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Are the cars just located everywhere around Osaka, or are they more in one part compared to another? :s

Haha, how long have you been there?

I would think there's a car scene everywhere in Japan, just gotta find it!

rune1241
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah I see some around. And there are some performance shops in Osaka as well. If you want to see random nice cars, I would hang around Umeda. But Auto Select is a cool shop, I havent really had a chance to scoop it out yet. There is also another shop right down the street from them.

I have been here almost 3 months in December. Been here studying abroad through my university.

fliprayzin240sx
11-23-2012, 08:08 PM
If you're in Tokyo, just enjoy Tokyo for what it is and dont focus so much on seeing the car scene. Too much of a pain in the ass to get to the spots without a car. A week in Tokyo isnt gonna be enough to take in Tokyo and to enjoy the city.

MADE
11-24-2012, 05:46 AM
In Osaka Friday or Saturday nights I cant remember thry have a big car meeting somewhere the USJ area. Last time I was there I was going to follow someone but I had something come up. Alot of mixed cars there. Osaka has alot of shop also.

Bigalow311
11-24-2012, 07:34 AM
If you're in Tokyo, just enjoy Tokyo for what it is and dont focus so much on seeing the car scene. Too much of a pain in the ass to get to the spots without a car. A week in Tokyo isnt gonna be enough to take in Tokyo and to enjoy the city.

THIS. don't go to Kansai looking for cars. just ask where the closest Super AutoBacs is in Tokyo. I remember having to take a couple of subways and trains when I was in Hiro-O.

If you're into Nissan, you can take a train to the Nissan HQ in Yokohama or the engine plant in Zama . Check the calendar to see if you can see a super gtc or super taikyu race at Fuji.

Sent from my SC-03D

BlackStar87
11-29-2012, 11:52 AM
I was in Japan over the summer, and was in Tokyo and Fukuoka. I did see some awesome cars in Tokyo, especially around a big SuperAutobacs. Don't remember the address, my japanese friend drove me there, but was really close to the wangan(apparently, the wangan where wangan midnight is set). Nice cars in the parking lot, for sure.

In Fukuoka I some nice cars(some tuner dealerships, superautobacs, discount autobacs), and also took a trip a day trip to a neighboring prefecture to the sekia circuit to watch some drift practice. pretty great experience, I got a lot of videos and pictures!

Akito86
12-01-2012, 02:54 AM
osaka has a big scene i think its a nice place to visit, when you go overseas just stay for a month and buy a rail pass is well worth it no taxi please is so pricey

doodoojin
12-01-2012, 07:15 AM
even in one week in TOkyo, you will probably see a car that you never thought you'd see in real life, kinda like when all those Ferrari F40s piled up last year on the Shuto Expressway. For the most part, you need a car to get to all the car meet ups in Tokyo area, they are all at Expressway stops, or somewhere else a taxi/train/bus wont take you. I stumbled on some smaller meet ups, and it gets obvious that you aren't invited pretty quick too, especially when guilty of BGIJ

MADE
12-01-2012, 07:24 AM
even in one week in TOkyo, you will probably see a car that you never thought you'd see in real life, kinda like when all those Ferrari F40s piled up last year on the Shuto Expressway. For the most part, you need a car to get to all the car meet ups in Tokyo area, they are all at Expressway stops, or somewhere else a taxi/train/bus wont take you. I stumbled on some smaller meet ups, and it gets obvious that you aren't invited pretty quick too, especially when guilty of BGIJ

You mean the Chugoku?

doodoojin
12-01-2012, 07:33 AM
You mean the Chugoku?

Yeah, sorry. Not Shuto! this is istdercollen from ZY by the way.