PDA

View Full Version : Bad clutch?

SkateOrDie
11-14-2012, 09:33 PM
My Z's catchpoint is ridiculously high! Like I seriously have to almost take my whole foot off for it to engage. Should I be worried?

millerlight763
11-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Did you just have a new clutch installed? Mine was the same way after installing my new SPEC clutch kit. All I had to do was adjust to clutch pedal and master cyl. and that took care of it.

SkateOrDie
11-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Did you just have a new clutch installed? Mine was the same way after installing my new SPEC clutch kit. All I had to do was adjust to clutch pedal and master cyl. and that took care of it.

That I cannot answer, I bought the car the way it is so I have no clue if it was replaced recently or not:/
But if it's stock is there still a way to adjust it?
Cause it's a pain but somewhat funny adjusting from supra that engages close to the floor and then switching to my Z that is the complete opposite and in between shifts I over rev it!(x

millerlight763
11-14-2012, 10:20 PM
... that would suck. "My" best advise would be to see where the Master Cyl. is on the Clutch Pedal and adjust it as needed. Keep checking your free play.

Hopefully the car was not run like that for a long time because depending on the amount of adjustments needed you could have been hurting the clutch by it not being fully disengaged... but that sounds like it's something you would have had no control over

shift_down
11-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Adjust the clutch pedal. There is a pin you need to take out of the Clutch master cylinder rod. Then there is a nut, I believe, that you can loosten or tighten and that will lengthen or shorten the rod.

HS13KLS
11-15-2012, 02:04 PM
What this guy said. and like Miller said. It sounds like it was out of your control. Hopefully you didnt buy a bunk car with a trashed clutch