PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP lean idle rich WOT

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Ka24det t25 isis intake FMIC 370cc enthalpy tune. Car starts right up, idles perfect. On idle my wide band reads nothing (AEM) on fith gear cruising pushing about -18 vacc my car does about 15afr if i push -12 vac it riches to about 13 then wot is 10. And after i do a pull even a small gentle pull like to skip a car and i put the clutch in to let the car roll, the rpms drop down slow and just dies like if too much gas. Need help it has an n62 maf aswell

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Cruising at about 40 if i push more I rich out

waxball88
11-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Aww someone experiencing their first boost leak. It's like getting that first tingle in your pants as a young lad.
Welcome to turbocharged cars

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Every coupling is sealed i had a boost leak before, i had a leak through my old bov but now i have an hks how can i check for boost leakes, my idle is perfect cruising is perfect

racepar1
11-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Every coupling is sealed i had a boost leak before, i had a leak through my old bov but now i have an hks how can i check for boost leakes, my idle is perfect cruising is perfect

So the car wants to die if you hit boost and then let off the gas correct?

That's a classic problem with non re-circulated BOV's. Talk to enthalpy and see if your ecu is tuned for a re-circulated or non re-circulated BOV. If it's tuned to be re-circulated then your BOV is venting air that has ALREADY been measured by the MAF. The computer has already delivered the fuel for this metered air. When that air is vented to the atmosphere, instead of re-circulated into the intake, the car goes rich momentarily and stumbles/dies.

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 05:32 PM
My bov is recirculated to intake manifold, it just richs out if i give it a little gas like i have to drive with a lighy pedal and it goes smooth i add a little throttle and it starts to rich out

racepar1
11-14-2012, 06:13 PM
My bov is recirculated to intake manifold, it just richs out if i give it a little gas like i have to drive with a lighy pedal and it goes smooth i add a little throttle and it starts to rich out

Maybe check the TPS...

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 06:20 PM
I first thought it was because i needed a airfilter because when i moved aroud my MAF in a 360 motion like a clock it read differently like the sensor on one side would read richer then clocking it around to the other side would read leaner, put a intake filter and still the same

racepar1
11-14-2012, 06:30 PM
I first thought it was because i needed a airfilter because when i moved aroud my MAF in a 360 motion like a clock it read differently like the sensor on one side would read richer then clocking it around to the other side would read leaner, put a intake filter and still the same

The wiring near the MAF connector is known to lose connection/short out as well. If moving the MAF around changed something, I would check the wires and make sure the connections are tight. I just fixed an idle issue on an s13 last night and it was a bad connection at the MAF.

S13alldayyo
11-14-2012, 06:33 PM
My maf is wired up and solderd and one of my grounds is to my chassis i checked it so many times everything is wired correctly my car idles perfect doesnt even move around once its just a little lean on idle and goes really rich half way throttle

racepar1
11-14-2012, 07:14 PM
My maf is wired up and solderd and one of my grounds is to my chassis i checked it so many times everything is wired correctly my car idles perfect doesnt even move around once its just a little lean on idle and goes really rich half way throttle

Well, the computer calculates how much fuel to deliver based on the readings from the TPS and MAF. That's where I would concentrate my energy if I was you. Good luck man, I don't think I can be of much more help at this point.

shift_down
11-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Most likely it is a boost leak.
Pull a vac hose off and light up a cigarette. Blow the smoke from the cigarette into the vac hose and keep blowing until you see smoke come out of somewhere. The you can find the boost leak.

Car off of course.
or...
www.ka-t.org :: View topic - How To Boost Leak Test (http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58078)