PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build my s14 sr motor. Any suggestions???

LBSil80
11-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Whats up everyone i just want some suggestions as to what i should get when i build my s14 sr.

Im looking for a rang of 400-450 on a dd.

Also off the wall question.. would over sized valves increase compression???

Any information would be greatly appreciated since this will be my first build.

Thanks

STEVES14
11-09-2012, 10:06 PM
put it together with stock turbo, make sure the motor is good and then mod away. in the mean time read as much as you can. if you search this forum there are a lot people in the middle of builds that you can learn off and share ideas for your car.

But i'll give u one suggestion, for 400whp just stay with a nistune setup its cheap and good. Google search "nistune" they got a lot of info to about sr20's.

LBSil80
11-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Cool bro thanks a lot i really appreciate your input

LBSil80
11-09-2012, 10:13 PM
put it together with stock turbo, make sure the motor is good and then mod away. in the mean time read as much as you can. if you search this forum there are a lot people in the middle of builds that you can learn off and share ideas for your car.

But i'll give u one suggestion, for 400whp just stay with a nistune setup its cheap and good. Google search "nistune" they got a lot of info to about sr20's.

I just checked it out and i looks really good but how much does something like this usually cost? And do u have any experience with it?

STEVES14
11-09-2012, 10:18 PM
it should be in there website i think the prices have changed. its a australian company so there currency conversion too. but if you search there site trust me you'll learn a lot and answer a lot of your newbie questions lol no offense :) .

But modding a sr20 you can easily spend 5k lol have fun

LBSil80
11-09-2012, 10:20 PM
lol its cool man none taken. Thanks again

Magno
11-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Whats up everyone i just want some suggestions as to what i should get when i build my s14 sr.

Im looking for a rang of 400-450 on a dd.

Also off the wall question.. would over sized valves increase compression???

Any information would be greatly appreciated since this will be my first build.

Thanks

I am building my S14 SR20DET as we speak and I have to say it is hell. The S14 and the S13 SR are different in so many ways its not even funny. Make sure you prepare yourself for a lot of headaches with this motor, cause it will test you.

LBSil80
11-09-2012, 11:10 PM
I am building my S14 SR20DET as we speak and I have to say it is hell. The S14 and the S13 SR are different in so many ways its not even funny. Make sure you prepare yourself for a lot of headaches with this motor, cause it will test you.

damn really? i mean i know the cams are different if i want to stay with vvt but what else is different? and what are u doing to urs if u dont mind me asking