PDA

View Full Version : Ticking noise on idle?

LovetoSlide
11-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey guys. I just noticed this noise on my car today...not really sure where the ticking is coming from. Car drives and pulls fine....wondering if anybody could diagnose this noise... here's a video.

SR20DET Redtop Ticking on Idle - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzR-rRnkFn4&feature=youtu.be)

Edit: I'm thinking I need an oil change.

cotbu
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
1.Blown Turbo Gasket or manifold gasket<---the sound you can hear when in the car and at engine bay
2.Detonation, the marble metal sound you hear as you rev, underneath the blown gasket
3.Also sounds like you not firing on all cylinders. <--- could just be re verb.

Oil is the life blood of your engine, never guess about it!

LovetoSlide
11-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I'll find out for sure tomorrow but my buddy who sold me the car told me knows exactly what it is and that I just need an oil change. Nothing crazy like what you just mentioned since the turbo had just been professionally rebuilt (have paperwork and everything) and I never push the car. I'll find out tomorrow for sure though after my oil change!

cotbu
11-09-2012, 09:15 AM
What's crazy about me, telling you, what I hear?
The marble metal sound could be the timing chain, so yeah an oil change might fix that.
It still sounds under powered and you have an exhaust leak. No one's friend never betrayed them in the history of the world, Every!