PDA

View Full Version : GReddy/FReddy intake installation (S13)

Mikester
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Just installed my FReddy intake (S13 blacktop SR). Does any of the original bracketing from the stock mani get used to help support it? If so, can anyone post a pic or two of how it goes together... Or do I need to fab something up? Thanks in advance.

--Mike

Mikester
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Can anyone help a guy out?

ultimateirving
11-05-2012, 02:37 PM
shouldnt need any brackets or bracing, i did have to slightly change my fuel rail to fit however

fliprayzin240sx
11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Since I know how fucking anal you are about your car Mike, you'd need a throttle cable bracket or get an S14 SR TB pulley. As far as the brackets, you dont need anything. Just have to mod the fuel hardlines to make it work.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/211615-s13-sr-greddy-intake-manifold-write-up.html

Mikester
11-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Since I know how fucking anal you are about your car Mike, you'd need a throttle cable bracket or get an S14 SR TB pulley. As far as the brackets, you dont need anything. Just have to mod the fuel hardlines to make it work.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/211615-s13-sr-greddy-intake-manifold-write-up.html

Geez Ray, I wouldn't say I'm anal :o

I just need everything to be properly fitted, clean & in its place so I don't lose sleep at night ;)

Fairly sure we got everything else well in hand... this was the only thing bugging me. Went with an aftermarket rail this time around, so other than figuring out where to mount the new filter, running the fuel lines will be a snap~

Thanks for the link dude- gonna give it a look now.

ShadowMan
11-17-2012, 02:43 AM
I did mine a little bit ago, and didn't use any of the support brackets. Probably wouldn't be a bad isea to fab something up to support it tho. I'm curious as to how much abuse a freddy can take before/or if it cracks.

fliprayzin240sx
11-18-2012, 02:31 PM
I did mine a little bit ago, and didn't use any of the support brackets. Probably wouldn't be a bad isea to fab something up to support it tho. I'm curious as to how much abuse a freddy can take before/or if it cracks.

Never ever heard of them cracking, not even the knock offs. Plus, its kinda hard to add support bracket on them since there isnt anything to bolt the brackets up to.