PDA

View Full Version : speedometer/rpm gauges need help!!

90sr20det240
11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the 240s and this sight, I've been looking around for awhile trying to find what's going on with my car but nothing is working that I've read. my speedometer will bounce up to 95 and stay around there as I drive a certain speed and once I slow down it goes either to zero or goes past 100 off the gauge lol. I haven't seen any threads about the gauge doing this. The rpm gauge just doesn't move at all idk if its just not wired up or what? It has a sr20det red top swapped in it but I unfortunately didn't do the swap. if I need a new gauge cluster please post pics of the cluster I need cuz I can't seem to find the right one I need I guess at least thts what everyone is telling me idk. any help on this will be greatly appreciated thank you. I apologize if this is the wrong place or if there's a thread on here with this topic my phone can be slow sometimes ha.

angel mkiv
11-03-2012, 10:45 AM
this was happening to me exacly with the speedo issue and the tach not working(well i had to tap on the screen pretty hard to get it to work) but i got a new used working dohc(91-94) 240sx cluster and everything was fixed.iirc you need a dohc cluster on a sr20det anyways for it to work with a sr swap so i saw your username was 90sr20det240 so i figure yours is the old cluster that wont work with a sr swap since those came with sohc clusters.

90sr20det240
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok that's what I kept getting told and yes as far as I know its the original my problem is I don't know what they look like, like differences in the clusters so that I don't get another cluster that's the same lol is there a difference like look wise? if there is any way you can post a picture on here what the dohc cluster looks like.

rcdad123
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
i have an sohc also, but i believe the redline on the dohc is higher than 6k.

90sr20det240
11-16-2012, 01:16 AM
It was the cluster thanks guys