PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det boost question

Shawn661
10-31-2012, 08:59 PM
My sr20 is completely stock and i just ordered a greddy style intake and plan i on buying a top mount manifold (if anyone has one let me know) and i plan on buying hks 272 cams, or what would you suggest
Well back to my main question with all the stuff above what it a good psi (boost) for my set up i want it to be consertive but still rip it up every once in a while

91ka24
11-01-2012, 05:12 AM
If your lookin for bolt on performance I wouldn't even touch cams, especially 272's. U will need a tune to get maximum performance. I would just stick with either a t28 or gt2871r on 12-14 psi, should be close to 300 with front mount and exhaust.

jr_ss
11-01-2012, 05:23 AM
You'll need a tune regardless, so plan on putting that into your budget.

Personally, you just wasted money... You don't need the intake manifold because your not making anywhere near the limits of the factory intake manifold. You don't need a top mount manifold if you don't have a turbo suitable for it. Save your money, put a bottom mount T2 turbo on it, bigger injectors, a tune and enjoy alll that is 300whp

ForeignMuscle
11-01-2012, 05:26 AM
You can't run 14psi on a 2871 untuned. And unless you're planning on 450+ rwhp, there is no reason at all for you to use 272's. Going top mount is not cheap. Do your homework. If you're not sure what boost to run then you obviously have not studied enough. If your trying to be "conservative" then buy my 2871 complete setup, bolt it on, and order a rom tune on the cheap for 400hp. If your paying $2-4K for a top mount setup your going to want to extract all of your power from it. Boost is normally always around 20psi with pump gas due to the nature of detonation. Larger frame turbos can push this limit slightly due to the cooler, more dense charge they produce.

I suggest you study up on the facts a little more and come here with more detailed questions we can actually help with. "How much boost do I run?" has been asked a thousand times and there is no correct answer that Zilvia can give you.