PDA

View Full Version : Drift events besides 4AG?

SpeedMonkeyInc
03-16-2004, 01:25 PM
So what events are on the west coast besides Club 4AG Drift Days?

Flybert
03-16-2004, 02:02 PM
DG Trials is finally arriving but in Northern California. Can't wait till these guys get something setup like the east coast. Drift event every fucking week with good prices for entry fees, not like Drift Association where they bend you over with those $100 dollar entrance fees. Those guys are making so much money because renting out a parking lot can't be that much.

US Drift by NASA at the california speedway. They had a 2 day event last weekend. The fee was very reasonable. It was $100 for 2 days of cone dodging.

Speedtrials has some events dedicated to drift. In February they had a ...Just Drift event at Buttonwillow Raceway and it was around $100 for track drifting plus more seat time than you'll get at Drift Association cone dodging event.

Plenty of private events going on as well. Just have to be on the lookout.

gogeeta13
03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
dgtrials is $10 to watch, $100 to participate i think.

SpeedMonkeyInc
03-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I know US drift is coming to the west coast this summer...still a few months away. I was supposed to be at that last Speed Trial event, but I broke my transmission. I thought it was just a track day, and I didn't find out that they where drifting until later.

TRUENOCOUPE
03-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Its not what you know its who you know...

There are shitload of private events out there that is not posted on the net.

Between me and the people that I know prolly have 8 private events this month.

email [email protected] they will keep you updated of who have private events out there. (mostly buttonwillow and willow springs)

Whenever theres an event going on between me and my friends, I usually email everyone to see if they are interested.

mav1178
03-16-2004, 06:19 PM
DG Trials is finally arriving but in Northern California. Can't wait till these guys get something setup like the east coast. Drift event every fucking week with good prices for entry fees, not like Drift Association where they bend you over with those $100 dollar entrance fees. Those guys are making so much money because renting out a parking lot can't be that much.

US Drift by NASA at the california speedway. They had a 2 day event last weekend. The fee was very reasonable. It was $100 for 2 days of cone dodging.

Speedtrials has some events dedicated to drift. In February they had a ...Just Drift event at Buttonwillow Raceway and it was around $100 for track drifting plus more seat time than you'll get at Drift Association cone dodging event.

Plenty of private events going on as well. Just have to be on the lookout.

If you don't know the cost of running events, DO NOT SPECULATE!

I can give you the breakdown of each event but it's kind of pointless and actually would make you think twice about what you just said... but then again most people think it's just cheap to have events.

I suggest you actually TRY to get pricing first, then speculate. Oh, and find people willing to staff the corners free of charge, too.

-alex

nightwalker
03-16-2004, 11:07 PM
track rental 2500-3000, insurance 1000, misc. 1000. That's how my figures came out. That should cover even for 50 people at 100 dollars a piece

SpeedMonkeyInc
03-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Thanks for that email. I sent an email to that address. Just have to see if I hear anything back from that mailbox.

Right now I would really like to see more events in Nor Cal. Thats where I am from and track/drift days up there would be just another excuse to take time off work and see my family.

Even more than that, it would be great to have some San Diego area drifting so I don't have to wake up at 4am to drive up to LA for everything.

Flybert
03-21-2004, 02:23 AM
If you don't know the cost of running events, DO NOT SPECULATE!

I can give you the breakdown of each event but it's kind of pointless and actually would make you think twice about what you just said... but then again most people think it's just cheap to have events.

I suggest you actually TRY to get pricing first, then speculate. Oh, and find people willing to staff the corners free of charge, too.

-alex

Alex, you're right man. I shouldn't talk out of my ass like that but I really wonder why it costs that much. They have like 80 cars out there. 80x100= $8000 That would be divided by EMT's ($500-$1000), corner workers and instructors ($1500-2000), insurance ($1500-2000), renting the lot ($2000). I never tried to work it out and I guess it comes out right. I just had so much more fun at the ...Just Drift event being on a real track that it made it seem like the previous drift day I went to was a bad deal. I'm sure you can understand that.

balmo
03-21-2004, 08:04 AM
ncda in nor-cal, and many private events.

TRUENOCOUPE
03-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks for that email. I sent an email to that address. Just have to see if I hear anything back from that mailbox.

Right now I would really like to see more events in Nor Cal. Thats where I am from and track/drift days up there would be just another excuse to take time off work and see my family.

Even more than that, it would be great to have some San Diego area drifting so I don't have to wake up at 4am to drive up to LA for everything.

People that most of the Private Events are also from Norcal. We just do what we need to do to get practice off the street.
Im going to send an email out soon for another private event.

Alex, you're right man. I shouldn't talk out of my ass like that but I really wonder why it costs that much. They have like 80 cars out there. 80x100= $8000 That would be divided by EMT's ($500-$1000), corner workers and instructors ($1500-2000), insurance ($1500-2000), renting the lot ($2000). I never tried to work it out and I guess it comes out right. I just had so much more fun at the ...Just Drift event being on a real track that it made it seem like the previous drift day I went to was a bad deal. I'm sure you can understand that.

Its more than you think.

I can't believed when I asked for the parking lot prices and parking lot events insurance is just WHOA!

Flybert
03-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Its more than you think.

I can't believed when I asked for the parking lot prices and parking lot events insurance is just WHOA!

Fucking sucks. Just tell them it's going to be a swap meet.......swap meet full of blazing rubber!!!!

mav1178
03-22-2004, 11:33 PM
The reason why the Just Drift event was so cheap was because the cost of the venue was paid for by all the guys running under SpeedTrial... and frankly we can have a "private event" in a parking lot, limit it to 30 or 40 drivers, and have the same amount of seat time for the same amount of money.

But never say that renting a parking lot is "cheap". Those lines that people use to park, that costs A LOT OF MONEY to paint. A typical stadium like Dodger Stadium would be about $40-50k to repaint all the lines... for a place like California Speedway or Irwindale (that actually uses those parking spaces often) destroying these lines isn't exactly their way of having a "good business".

And tracks hate drifting (especially those without control) as the spinoffs and getting back on the tracks usually ruin the paved edges of the track. That's even MORE expensive to fix.

Motorsports is expensive, plain and simple. Events that are cheap usually have one or more things "missing" from it, or someone else is fronting most of the cost of the event.

-alex

mav1178
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
BTW it should be noted that the bigger the event (more spectators) the higher the cost of insurance. There's a reason why there are caps for attendance at Drift Day events. Not to mention lack of parking space at some venues.

-alex

Krazy Bunta
03-23-2004, 12:31 AM
www.ncda.net

nuff said?

Flybert
03-23-2004, 02:18 AM
But never say that renting a parking lot is "cheap". Those lines that people use to park, that costs A LOT OF MONEY to paint. A typical stadium like Dodger Stadium would be about $40-50k to repaint all the lines... for a place like California Speedway or Irwindale (that actually uses those parking spaces often) destroying these lines isn't exactly their way of having a "good business".

And tracks hate drifting (especially those without control) as the spinoffs and getting back on the tracks usually ruin the paved edges of the track. That's even MORE expensive to fix.

Motorsports is expensive, plain and simple. Events that are cheap usually have one or more things "missing" from it, or someone else is fronting most of the cost of the event.

-alex

I never really thought about the lines in the parking lots. As for the tracks, with the higher off track incidents, it sucks that they would have to repave the track. Despite the fact that the tracks have to spend more on their upkeep, it sucks that willowsprings doesn't allow it because that track looks awesome. I'll probably hit up a speedtrial event there in the future.

Another way of keeping costs down is to have events on weekdays which is good for me because I have a very flexible schedule being a substitute teacher.

aznpoopy
04-02-2004, 02:51 PM
dgtrials is $10 to watch, $100 to participate i think.

the price depends on where the event is being held, and the date.

for NJ events; drift-out-wednesday of march31st at englishtown (bout an hour from me) was 20 dollars to particpate, 12 to spectate. future DOW and DOF seem to be 50 to enter, 5 to spectate. very cheap anyway. the special drift clinics they hold are also $50-$60-ish to enter. these prices are off the website.

check events @ dgtrials.com