PDA

View Full Version : HKS SSQ BOV Problem

noodl35
03-14-2004, 02:31 PM
I have installed an HKS SSQ BOV on my CA18DET (I custom mounted it in front of my throttle body). I hooked the BOV up to the vacuum line that attaches right behind the butterfly valve(next to the battery ground cable that attaches to the engine). The line is a vacuum line, I can feel it sucking in when I disconnect the line. For some reason though my BOV doesn't work. It just doesn't work at all, no sounds of air leaking, just nothing. My BOV works too. I built up boost(by pressing the gas) and then manually pressed the little air inlet valve on the BOV and it did it's job. From that I was thinking that maybe I'm not getting enough vacuum through that line. Maybe I selected the wrong vacuum line? I was thinking that maybe I have an exhaust gasket leak that could be playing with my boost and vacuum or something. I haven't hooked up my boost gauge yet so I'm not exactly sure of how it is. If anyone has any ideas of why my BOV just doesn't work automatically, let me know. Thanks.

noodl35
03-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Hey, I was thinking. Could it be that since I have my stock bypass valve hooked up maybe it's conflicting with my aftermarket HKS BOV. I have no clue about how to mess with the stock bypass valve. any ideas?

UcanTry
03-15-2004, 06:05 PM
it could be cause you have the stock bypass on it, but i had the same problem with mine, well it was simplier, mine was on the hot side and it made hardly no noise, what had happen is the wastegate was messed up but after i fixed that it worked fine, dont know if any of that helps

nismo2491
03-16-2004, 03:55 PM
are you building boost? if not thats why
your reference line, make sure its post throttle body
other than that maybe the spring inside the bov is broke. hook the bov up to a vacuumm pump and see if it works.
KEvin