PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fiber repair

Demik
03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
well mmmmm i was driving faat behind a yamaha R1 trying to tell him hi (heh) and he tried to leave so i followed him fast and we went un a bumpy road.. and OMG a big ass rock hit my hood and glass window.. DAMN now there is a big ass chip on the edge of my CF hood!!!! ahhh does anyone have any ideas how to repair.???... i kinda dont want to buy a new one couse i just got is form VIS wen i went s15...

Flybert
03-13-2004, 10:28 PM
bondo it and paint it

Demik
03-13-2004, 10:37 PM
bondo it and paint it

was thing about that but how could i make it shinny so u have to look really close at the spot to tell there was an accident there???

Ghst 01
03-13-2004, 11:17 PM
get some of that CF looking stuff they do interiors with and cut a peice out the same shape and size and match it up best you can....

my $0.02

FRpilot
03-13-2004, 11:50 PM
or carbon fiber look sticker. lol :rofl:

black s13
03-14-2004, 11:26 AM
or, go to a carbon fiber manufacturer down the street, and have them throw some resin on there. oh wait, most people dont have one of those down their street...

Demik
03-14-2004, 01:08 PM
or, go to a carbon fiber manufacturer down the street, and have them throw some resin on there. oh wait, most people dont have one of those down their street...

lol can u get RESIN at home dept or something??

shinhed
03-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Bondo it (or something simular) and, get the hooded painted. You can also come up with some design where you can leave the un-damaged carbon fiber exposed ala Project Dodge SRT-4 (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0401scc_srt4/).
:w00t:

Demik
03-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Bondo it (or something simular) and, get the hooded painted. You can also come up with some design where you can leave the un-damaged carbon fiber exposed ala Project Dodge SRT-4 (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0401scc_srt4/).
:w00t:

o ok thanks for the help guys... i have another question. i have a CF wing and the on the side pieces there are like stres marks for the screws but its not all that bad its just the surface area has lines and stuff... any help?

Ricer240sx
03-14-2004, 04:46 PM
im no expert but i think u would be fine just puttin a coat of resin over that and it should look as good as new, but maybe get some other opinions on that first case as i said im no expert!!

o, and this is off topic, but do u have any clips of ur car where i can hear the BOV??? i am really interested in getting the R2D2 but i have never heard it!!

Demik
03-14-2004, 11:28 PM
im no expert but i think u would be fine just puttin a coat of resin over that and it should look as good as new, but maybe get some other opinions on that first case as i said im no expert!!

o, and this is off topic, but do u have any clips of ur car where i can hear the BOV??? i am really interested in getting the R2D2 but i have never heard it!!

im trying to get a DV Camera and as soon as i get one ill post a video of the infamous R2D2...hehhe

nismo2491
03-14-2004, 11:36 PM
next time I really suggest the 3m clear bra. www.ptfilms.com if they are semi-local to you is great, if not I'm sure they can tell you who is local. the stuff is awesome. trust me.
KEvin