PDA

View Full Version : Tcu box that makes the cluster lights work???

Project/S13
10-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Ok so what all does this thing to. There are several things in my car that dont work as they should. The "TCU" is missing. And the dash lights dont work. The Auto seatbelts only work with the key on or the headlights up. The headlights you have to push the flip up light button every time you turn your lights on to make them come up and down. You cant just turn the knob and them come up when their supposed to. So could someone explain all this to me, and explain the functions of the missing white TCU box? Also does anyone know what the technical name of the box is? I work at Advance auto parts and cant see if we can get the box without knowing its actual name.. And If I knew I could use our second source to get the box. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks!

Project/S13
10-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Also will a CD player work with it missing? Mine was long gone when I bought the car.

NoPistons!
10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
There has got to be a way to hardwire it. I've been doing alot of digging into s chassis wiring having to do my car up basically from scratch. I'm guessing the factory system requires that box.

What my THOUGHTS and OPINIONS WERE:

Cluster gets its tach signal from the ecu, the speedo from the sensor on the trans, Voltage from the battery or some other remote 12v source in the system, coolant from the oem coolant temp sensor, OIl pressure from the factory sending unit so on and so fourth. Master power on i'd assume would be a fuseable link that is tied into the ignition cylinder's wiring.

Maybe some cool guy who has hard wired theirs can come in and give us some input because i damn sure need the info too! Lol. We need a section/thread specifically for wiring. Especially for people who want to bypass all the factory crap.......

I downloaded the fsm onto my pc but even so it's still a daunting task to figure things out.