View Full Version : Recirculated bov acting weird. help please

shift_down
09-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, I need some help.

First off:
Ka24det
Z32 maf, wired in correctly
Enthalpy tune

My problem is that I had my bov routed to atmosphere but it would almost die after wot. So what I did was recirculated it before the turbo, after the maf. My problem is now that it has been recirculated, after WOT my car acts weird. The idle goes down to 2-300rpm, and there is no throttle response. I can press the gas pedal but it does nothing. It bogs, and wants to die. The car is on jack stands the entire time and I am revving it up on neutral, if that matters. Also, the car was idling just fine with the bov recirculated until I started revving it up, that's when the issues started.

Can someone help me out with this? The car only started doing this after I recirculated the bov. Thanks guys.

Can a pinch in the recirculation line cause this?

Edwin562
09-29-2012, 09:16 AM
have you performed a boost leak test?

shift_down
09-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Not yet, I don't have a boost leak tester. I'll fab up my own boost leak tester today and see what I find.Do you think a boost leak could cause this?

shift_down
09-29-2012, 01:06 PM
So boost leak is the only logical explanation?

Jesse SR20
09-29-2012, 01:50 PM
That was my initial thought also. Boost leak. Also, a bad maf will react like that. May want to test it with a volt meter.

shift_down
09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Well I checked the maf, and I made a noob move, it was partially unplugged. Man I knew it was in limp mode but couldn't figure it out. It had to be maf or knock sensor. Thanks for the help guys.