PDA

View Full Version : S14 KA24DE low voltage to injector harness. Advice needed

xs420240sx
09-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I'll make my long story short, fire started in the engine bay, put it out with a water hose, I'm pretty sure I messed some electrical connection up, but I've unplugged every visual plug and made sure it dried out. Tested my injector harness and its only getting a max of around 7 volts. I'm also getting a weak spark. I thought a weak voltage would be caused by a bad ground, but I've gone through all the grounds I could find, sanded the contact points down, and applied electrical grease. What would cause a low voltage from the injector harness?

Chaluska
09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I'll make my long story short, fire started in the engine bay, put it out with a water hose, I'm pretty sure I messed some electrical connection up, but I've unplugged every visual plug and made sure it dried out. Tested my injector harness and its only getting a max of around 7 volts. I'm also getting a weak spark. I thought a weak voltage would be caused by a bad ground, but I've gone through all the grounds I could find, sanded the contact points down, and applied electrical grease. What would cause a low voltage from the injector harness?

what is your alternator putting out voltage wise?

under 1500 rpms you should be getting 13.7 +/- .5 volts

id pull out your foot panel, and pop the ECU out, and start checking pin-outs while the car is running.. check your voltages in, and injector voltages out.

it will help diagnose the problem a WHOLE bunch faster.

xs420240sx
09-24-2012, 06:05 PM
yeah....would do all of that, but the car isn't currently running. i was gonna check the fuel pressure and everything, but that would require the car to run. which it currently isn't.

kennedy8383
09-24-2012, 07:03 PM

You probably cook wiring.. Swap then out and see if anything change..

xs420240sx
09-24-2012, 08:07 PM
fixed a couple of things, injector harness reads correctly. thought i was getting a short but the wiring checks out now, but now i have 2 working distributors and i tested the resistance of the ignition coil harness on both the distributors. they both read ~2 ohms. supposed to be at 1 ohm. i dont get it. would this be the main cause of the weak spark? even with a weak spark it should fire right?