PDA

View Full Version : SR20det vacuum line help!

SilviaT
09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Does anybody have a easy to read diagram of how the vacuum hoses setup should be from the throttle body?!
I just recently installed my freshly rebuilt SR20DET. I am confused about my vacuum line setup and i need some advice.... When i turned it on the first time, my idle went straight from 0 to 3.5k/4,000rpms.
My top left nipple on my TB was unplugged cause im an IDIOT and i didnt plug it in.
Now i plugged it in, but i am researching correct vacuum hose diagram setups!
o____O <--- Nipples
/---\
|(O)| <--- throttle body
\___/
o <----nipple...

Where do these tits correctly connect to??
I have a Fuel pressure guage in the engine bay that's T'd. And one going to my BOV.
Pretty much all i'm asking for is a nice diagram so i can confidently connect these.
Just need a little bit of help please dont spam me..
BTW thats why my idle was crazy high right? Cause the top left was open?

91ka24
09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
The small little one u don't need, the one on the bottom so just plug it off. Then one of the top ones goes to your bov and the other goes to your fpr. Or u can run it to a t fitting for your boost gauges as well. So from tb to T fitting, t fitting to boost gauge, and t fitting to fpr

jdm213
09-23-2012, 12:59 PM
The small little one u don't need, the one on the bottom so just plug it off. Then one of the top ones goes to your bov and the other goes to your fpr. Or u can run it to a t fitting for your boost gauges as well. So from tb to T fitting, t fitting to boost gauge, and t fitting to fpr

does this matter if he has a smic or fmic?

SilviaT
09-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Right on brooooo thank you! I just want to to be perfect and avoid common errors.

SilviaT
09-23-2012, 01:01 PM
btw i have a FMIC. Greddy Rs bov and internal wastegate. t-28

91ka24
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Fmic, smic, top mount, doesn't matter. And np man

Dorifto Machine
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Here is a good reference for vacuum lines on a SR20:

sillbeer.COM : info : vaccum (http://www.sillbeer.com/vaccum.php)

Does anyone know the Vacuum Line Sizes for the Throttle Body and Wastegate ..etc..?

SilviaT
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Got her runnin nice and healthy! My throttle linkage was too tight so i re routed it and idle sits at 900 when warm about 1300 when cold just for a minute or so.
Everything is just great. Zero oil leaks, no missing hoses or anything.
I may need to adjust my Greddy RS BOV though because it seems like its too tight.. It flutters for half a second when i allow LITTLE boost. I havent charged full boost yet. Brand new motor rebuild with probalby 30 miles on it since i've had it comfortable to drive. I havent gone over 3100rpms i'm baby'in it for now untill i get more miles on the motor. I wanna break it in properly with putting a little load on it every now and then.
But i feel like my adjustment screw on my BOV is too tight. I will tune it tomorrow up and down the street and see what happens...
Anybody else done the Greddy RS BOV spring modification where you take out that inner spring and only use the outer spring? I'm running stock boost 8lbs and i plan on keeping it that way for a long time.

SilviaT
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Runnin goooood!