PDA

View Full Version : sr20det blacktop PCV recirculation question.

VinceDude
09-22-2012, 02:00 AM
Yes, this is an oil catch can question :hide:
I just got this Godspeed universal catch can off amazon and the orifice sizes of the inlets are smaller compared to the size of the sr T. If I were to get a coupler that enabled me to mate the two different hose sizes together that would probably mess up the volume to pressure ratio going in through the intake. Since the T's larger orifice size will get forced into the catch can's smaller inlets. Would this harm anything or am I just over thinking things?

Hardie
09-22-2012, 08:41 AM
It really shouldnt matter. But if your really worried you can always run a negative pressure setup :).

VinceDude
09-22-2012, 02:09 PM
It really shouldnt matter. But if your really worried you can always run a negative pressure setup :).

How's that work?

fliprayzin240sx
09-22-2012, 06:16 PM
How's that work?

The same way it was originally designed to, route the other side of the catch can back to the intake neck.

VinceDude
09-22-2012, 09:20 PM
The same way it was originally designed to, route the other side of the catch can back to the intake neck.
I thought the original way was the otherside of the T to the catch can and the can into the engine block? W/e I'll give it a shot and see what happens.