PDA

View Full Version : rb25 s1 over heating

smmsak
09-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey guys IM just wondering about my rb25 in my s14 its been running great until a few days ago. Now it warms up fine then over heats.the day before the coolant was low so i filled it up and now all the coolant boiled out radiator is full. And the too Rad hide had pressure but the bottom hose had nithing and the radiator was hot. Please any help would be wonderful thanks.

Chrischeezer
09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
did you have a coolant leak recently and drove around overheating?
Is the lower radiator hose cold?
have you noticed exhaust puffing out of the radiator when the cap is off?

OBEEWON
09-18-2012, 10:17 AM
T-stat

shortanswer

PrimeDirective
09-18-2012, 10:55 AM
How is it over heating? Does it over heat at normal driving speeds or when your driving hard, or from idling? What is your radiator and fan set up? How hot is it getting?

RB25s are notorious for over heating issues in the S chassis, and there are a LOT of threads about this issue, NICO has a decent amount of information on this as well.

240zach
09-18-2012, 11:39 AM
check your t-stat like stated above. if you have no leaks, t-stat opens, and your getting good circulation, and have a good rad and fan set up, check to see if your hg is blowing, if not check the gauge.

smmsak
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
OK i have the mishimoto radiator and fans the lower hose is cold haven't had any leaks besides the boil over in the expansion tank it warms up then i take normal drive less than a mile and it is past the hot on gauge pop Hood and its boiling both fans are on working full power everything is only a few months old the radiator was full and so was the expansion tank and the cap is fine cause it lets the fluid back in to the tank from the radiator i will check the tstat first i didn't take the lower hose off but it felt cold with no pressure in it

smmsak
09-18-2012, 12:12 PM
But thanks for the help whatever works is wonderful thanks guys