PDA

View Full Version : Z32 NA VLSD installation???

Dante319
03-07-2004, 01:20 PM
I am installing it right now. I already swapped the rear cover and got some spacers for the front bolts. Now how do I remove the axle shafts on my s13 and install the J30 ones? Please be as deatailed as possible.
Thanx a lot

Gladman
03-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Loosen off the 12mm nuts and bolts, and pry out the shafts...

240Driver39
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
just take off the wheels, remove the axle nut, cant remember hte size nut, but its pretty big, and i assume by this point u have the differential out, just slide the old axles out of the hub and put ur new ones in. Then u bolt up the axle flange to the ouput shaft and ur just bout done. on the z32 they have the 5 bolt output shafts, and the bolts themselves are larger then the 6 bolt bolts on ur old diff, so ur gonna want to get larger bolts if u didnt already have them (which would have been easier).

citizen
03-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Before you disconnect the diff side of the axels take of the axel lock nuts located in the hubs. You will need a 36mm socket. put the car in gear and put the parking brake on. get a lock breaker bar or you can use a ratchet with a pipe on the end for more leverage. Take off the nut then go undew the bolts on the diff side. You can pull it up and over the diff to slide it out of the hub then pull it through the suspension to get it out. Do the reverse to put in the new axle. You can spray the spline with wd-40 or the lubricant of your choice (k&y jelly) to aid in hub penetration. Also make sure the threads are clean on the axle or else you will strip it. The nut should go on smoothly. Tighten it down and put in a new cotter pin.

Dante319
03-13-2004, 08:04 AM
It's done , yeah it is a 36mm nut pretty tight and hard to get loose though. The LSD feels really good when I drive the car hard.
Thanx a lot