PDA

View Full Version : Starter works but doesn't.

Project/S13
09-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Ok so when I turn the key to turn the starter over nothing happens. So I checked the three connections on the starter all of them are secure. Including the connections on the battery hot wire. But I can block the wheel put it in neutral, and take a screw driver and cross the connections on the starter, and it will turn the motor. Healthily might I add. Anyone know what could be going on? Also. I'm pretty sure I hear the starter relay click when I turn the key. I have been "roll starting" it to drive here lately lol.

cbcm2435
09-14-2012, 06:15 PM
your starter solenoid isnt making a good connection inside itself, jumping the terminals with a screw driver just bypasses that, get a new solenoid and you will be good to go

wangan_cruiser
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Check your ignition switch.

Project/S13
09-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys I'll check the ignition wires first. Then get a solenoid if I dont see anything wrong.

Project/S13
09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Well guys it was neither. lol Got to looking around under the dash.. It was the damn plastic piece on the clutch that depresses the button. lol I put a bolt through it and put a nut on the back. Problem solved.. Thanks for all your input guys!