PDA

View Full Version : Help figuring what this tube is for? Sr20det Redtop

SilviaT
09-13-2012, 12:22 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/TylerM971/photo.jpg

It is the middle tube that looks like a hose needs to be attached. I did not have heater fans before i removed my SR for a rebuild. Maybe this is it? Idk help!

ALSO. Help with Steel lines coming from the under side of my turbo manifold. I have an internal wastegate with a t-28 attached. I have no clue how these need to be connected to make them work properly.. Here are 2 pictures that should help.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/TylerM971/photo1.jpg

THIS is the under side of my headers/ turbo. Looking up this is what i see.. What plugs into the thread on the right side??

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x292/TylerM971/photo2.jpg

SideSteppn
09-13-2012, 02:26 AM
i believe those are your oil feed lines/coolant feed lines. about 99% positive they are oil feed, not so sure about coolant. (steel lines under turbo/around turbo)

the tubes right below your valve cover should have a box attached, at least mine does.. ive read on the forum in some threads that it is somewhat of a "blow by/back" for excess oil that is pushed up from pressure in the system... again, not 100% positive, just throwing some ideas out there.

jr_ss
09-13-2012, 03:33 AM
The lines that enter/exit the sides of your turbo(SS lines) are coolant lines. It looks like you have an S13 SR from the very vague pictures. Figure out the coolant lines(which are also at the back of the head in your first picture) and attach them to the corresponding lines. It does not matter what side is the feed/discharge as long as they are hooked up.

Oil feed enters on the top and drains out the bottom.

SilviaT
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
i believe those are your oil feed lines/coolant feed lines. about 99% positive they are oil feed, not so sure about coolant. (steel lines under turbo/around turbo)

the tubes right below your valve cover should have a box attached, at least mine does.. ive read on the forum in some threads that it is somewhat of a "blow by/back" for excess oil that is pushed up from pressure in the system... again, not 100% positive, just throwing some ideas out there.

Thank you for your input. I have nothing attached to the tube below the valve cover on the back of the motor. I don't have that box but I probably should make a blow by/back box.

Do the oil lines on the turbo attach back the turbo? Loop around in a way? The coolant line attaches to the side of the engine an wraps to the back of the engine. The other ones (ss (oil lines)) go from the turbo, and I'm assuming back to the other side of the turbo.? Right or wrong?? I really don't want to confuse them.

booey13
09-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Forget the box, just hook up a catch can.

SilviaT
09-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Forget the box, just hook up a catch can.

Is it easy to make if i dont have the actual one? I belive that the oil return thing starts off on the back of the motor from a tube about 1/2".

And i'm still confused. About the coolant/ oil lines.... Does one SS line run from the block to the turbo? And i heard that the SS line with the 90% angle goes to the turbo, and the straight ones go to the engine..? Is that correct?

booey13
09-14-2012, 01:59 AM
You can pick up a catch can on eBay pretty cheap. Here's a pic of how the lines should run from frsport.

SilviaT
09-14-2012, 09:24 AM
You can pick up a catch can on eBay pretty cheap. Here's a pic of how the lines should run from frsport.

Bro thank you so much! Your a life saver that is exactly what I needed to see.

jamg
10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
what connects to that bottom bung?

fliprayzin240sx
10-06-2012, 12:06 AM
what connects to that bottom bung?

Oil drain from the turbo...