PDA

View Full Version : anyone have advice for a clutch change on an RB25 in an S14?

EvolutionVIII
09-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me when changing my clutch on my RB25 S14. Ive done a clutch before but just a KA on an S13. I have heard the top two tranny bolts are really hard to reach so if anyone has any good advice for me that would be awesome. Really not looking to drop the subframe either. Any other tips you could give me before taking on this task would be greatly appreciated as well! Also if anyone could give me a write up guide for the install that would be great. Thanks!

bkt808
09-04-2012, 03:02 AM
use a hoist and loosen up your engine mounts it should buy you a little extra room

Dolby109
09-04-2012, 08:06 AM
You might also try removing the trans mount bolts and jacking the tail of the trans up. It should lean the engine forward and possibly give extra room between it and the firewall.

EvolutionVIII
09-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Cool thanks guys. Anything else anyone? Any help would be appreciated and if any one has a step-by-step guide that would also be really helpful. Thanks!

EvolutionVIII
09-08-2012, 01:30 PM
bump! i plan on doing the clutch next weekend so any advice would be helpful!

jr_ss
09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Loosen your mounts up to allow free play, do not pull the nuts off. If you have to loosen mount to crossmember and mount to engine bracket. Unbolt your trans cross member and allow it to rest on something, preferably a jack of some sort so you can lower it down as you use another jack to jack the front of the motor up. Some extensions and sockets and you should be able to get what you need.

Another suggestion is loosening the cross member to frame bolts and lowering the engine/cross member down about an inch to gain more clearance, ONCE again DO NOT remove the nuts all the way.

EvolutionVIII
09-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Bump! Starting it tomorrow. If anyone has some last minute advice or a step by step for me that'd be awesome. Thanks for all the responses!

feito
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I just did mine bout a month ago. In my case i decided to drop motor n trans together because i build my own brackets and the engine sits way too close to the fire wall n the trans too close to the tunnel, i figured it'd be easier. Also, note that this isnt your typical ka tranny, this bitch is heavy..