PDA

View Full Version : ka24det running issues

srvb
09-01-2012, 12:48 AM
ok so i have recently built a ka24det and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Let me just say i am not new to the turbo world, i have had sr20det's, ford 2.3 turbos, a turbod 5.0 and two turbod sand cars so i understand how to diagnos a turbo issue, however this ka is kicking my a$$.

here is what the set up is
-880cc injectors
-z32 maf
-tt 300zx fuel pump
-top feed fuel rail
-brand new bottom end, rebuilt head
-ecu tuned for injectors and maf

the issue i am having with it is sometimes it will idle and sometimes it wont, it will surge and run extrremly rich than just die. also it will die everytime i rev it up and let off the throttle.

things i have tried to do to fix issues

-pressure test the system to find leaks... found and fixed all of them
-smoke test system to find any cracked vacuum lines, found and fixed all
-changed plugs, regapped them etc, no difference
-set tps, it checks out perfect
-new knock sensor
-timing has been checked it is 100% dead on and is 20 btdc
-checked fuel pressure, i have tried it and many different settings, no difference in running

i also deleted the egr and all the canistor crap.
it pulls hard under boost but wont idle or stay running without me using the throttle, all my turbo knowledge leads me to say vacuum leak but believe me when i say i have checked several different times. it will build and hold 20psi in the system.

any help is welcomed and sorry for it being so long.

srvb
09-01-2012, 11:31 AM
also i have unhooked the wastegate so that it isnt throwing off the maf when it vents to atmosphere, but it had no effect on the issue.

R4KA240
09-01-2012, 12:08 PM
You say the ecu has been tuned for injectors and maf. What are you tuning with? Are you venting to atmosphere? Does the ecu still utilize the stock o2 at all?

srvb
09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
yes i am venting to atmosphere but i am currently not running a bov, i un hooked it so that it will not open so the computer doesnt get confused by it. the ecu was tuned when i bought it for the setup i have, i seen it run and function and the daughterboard thats on it is called bikirom. and no the ecu only uses a wideband sensor.

srvb
09-02-2012, 02:05 PM
ok so i went back to a stock setup, meaning stock injectors and stock maf with a stock ecu.. it runs better in the fact that i can rev it up and it will catch itself when i get out the throttle, however since its boosted with the stock stuff its extremely lean. so i guess im going to have to get a different type of management system. I have some 370 side feed sr20 injectors so maybe ill go with those and a high fuel pressure for now until i can buy a better system.

any suggestions for a management system