PDA

View Full Version : Running rich/rough and tach problem??

Jersthecool
08-31-2012, 06:08 PM
About a week or so ago I was driving and on a bit of an uphill and I revved it up once the light changed and dropped my clutch to fast and it stalled pretty hard. Tried starting it and it just cranked and cranked, left it for a minute and same thing so I tried giving it some gas and it came back to life and hasn't had a starting issue again.

However now it always runs pig rich. Used to be when I was at say 3k rpm and let off the gas and slow down my air/fuel gauge would should lean and it would slow down with a nice steady sound. Now when I let off the gas the gauge stays reading rich and it's pops and bubbles and as it's slowing down and my bumper has been turning brown from running so rich. Also when I pop it in neutral it used to idle nicely at 850-900 and now it kinda bogs up and down and sometimes idles at 1000-1100.

Now this happened today for the first time not sure if it's related or not but I started it up and it sounded normal like what it normally does on a cold start at like 1400 rpm and I look over and the tach is showing like 2300 rpm. So I took it for a drive and the tach is wayyy off what's normally 3k rpm is like 5k now and it shows it's idling at like 1500 where it's actually around 850 or so.

Anyone know what's going on or what to check?

ultimateirving
08-31-2012, 07:50 PM
u got a vacuum leak somewhere dude.
That violent stall, popped a hose off somewhere.

Jersthecool
09-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Double checked all vac hoses and all are connected and tightened any other ideas? Could it have thrown my timing from my cam angle sensor off some how?