PDA

View Full Version : upgrading suspension, should i replace anything while im at it?

AlligatorBling
03-03-2004, 03:15 PM
I will be installing a new set of AGX KYBs along with a set of tein stech springs in the next couple of weeks... while i have everything off is there anything i should replace down there while i have it apart? thanks for any ideas.

andrave
03-03-2004, 04:06 PM
get solid or poly t/c rods/bushings, check your tie rod ends (if they are factory you prolly need new ones) and if your ball joints have any play you might want to change them out or just replace the control arms (that way you get new arms, factory rubber bushings, and greasable ball joints that way, check pdm-racing).
Put never seize on every thread, and soak it all in PB blaster the night before you start to crack into it. The bolts that go through the struts like to seize where they pass through the spindle.
also make sure you take the friction clips off the brake lines, if you don't then when you unbolt the spindle it will drop and it can break your brake lines, and then you have to replace them and bleed it, and thats a pita.

AlligatorBling
03-03-2004, 04:50 PM
thanks for the reply man! lots of helpful info... =D

AlligatorBling
03-12-2004, 11:15 AM
One more question... yes i know, im very anal about my suspension... ive done some searching and read about bumpstops ect, other rubber pieces ... is there anything that i should replace of the stock strut mounting pieces or anything of the such? thanks.

BlackS14
03-12-2004, 01:06 PM
One more question... yes i know, im very anal about my suspension... ive done some searching and read about bumpstops ect, other rubber pieces ... is there anything that i should replace of the stock strut mounting pieces or anything of the such? thanks.

Depending on how worn they are, you might want to replace the dust boots that cover the piston shaft in both the shocks and strut assemblies. I forget offhand how expensive they are, but if you prize your stuff, it'd be a good idea to do so....

-Bill