PDA

View Full Version : can my motor be saved?

toolbox27
08-29-2012, 04:03 PM
long story short, i overheated my motor and blew a head gasket a couple months ago, so i tore apart the block and replaced a bunch of stuff(piston rings, seals, bearings, gaskets, head gasket) and it ran great. well i overheated it again and blew another head gasket but a little worst this time. there was white smoke out of the exhaust, steam coming out from under the hood. so i bought a new head and i was gonna swap it out with a new head gasket to see if it would run. well i was draining the oil and about a half a quart of water came out before any oil did. so what im asking is, is it worth it to try and save it? or would i have to tear apart the block again?

DJ-of-E
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Gotta open it up if there's cracks on the block itself =/. Also, you need to figure out why your motor overheated...twice. I mean KA24DE stock is a pretty stout engine and even stock radiator should be more than enough to cool the engine.

s14fbs
08-29-2012, 06:33 PM
do a leak down test before u tear it down

toolbox27
08-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Gotta open it up if there's cracks on the block itself =/. Also, you need to figure out why your motor overheated...twice. I mean KA24DE stock is a pretty stout engine and even stock radiator should be more than enough to cool the engine.

well i punctured a hole in my stock radiator the first time, and the second was a leaking water hose in the middle of my intake. i guess my real question was is there any way to know if i cracked the block or fried the piston rings other then opening up the block.

do a leak down test before u tear it down

good idea, ill do that.