03-02-2004, 03:02 PM
1. ok , i think this is all i need?..

clutch master..
clutch slave..
manual tranny..
pedal assembly..
lines and fittings..

2. what else am i missing?..

3. and are there holes already drilled for the clutch pedal assembly and the clutch master cylinder??

thanks for your help

Natty
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
2. what else am i missing?..

All your answers are in the FAQ/Archive.

DRFT
03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
clutch pedal, you need to drill 2 holes for the mounting bolts and on big hole for the MC to go in i believe.

You do know you need the Manual tranny right? along with clutch and flywheel

your also gona need a shifter (duh..)

gear oil

manual tranny driveshaft

dvdevo
03-03-2004, 02:39 AM
the plate between the tranny and engine,and flywheel

truespeed
03-03-2004, 03:31 AM
you got the basics....but you need a lot more stuff.
check the FAQ's....
you will need to drill holes for the clucth master but firewall is embossed with template for that...
little things you need include dust boot from manual trans (if your using SR tranny) and not so little things are front yoke to fit manual trans (or replace entire driveline with manual trans unit as driveline is a balanced unit this is recommended.)
also need manual trans mount and x-member as it it different than auto mount. (not positive on this but it it what I've heard.)
I am currently doing this conversion in conjunction with an SR swap so I'm learning as I go. these are just a few things off the top of my head from doing my own research.
there are also a few things to do regarding wiring/electrical issues. (neutral safety switch, clutch lockout, etc.)
as I recall, zilvia's FAQ is pretty detailed on this subject. read it, learn it, do it, and let us know how it worked!

hondaguy
03-03-2004, 03:49 AM
u neeed a more stuff than that but im not sure what lol just use that search button they got everything u neeed,good luck with ur swap

teampro687
03-03-2004, 03:51 AM
I just finished this swap on my 89. It wasn't to bad to swap.truespeed is right though, there are a little parts you don't realize you need until you get into it. bolts,clips,dowel pins,etc. I had to do alot of waiting for these little parts from Nissan so plan ahead. Other than that it went quick. I had a donor car so I was able to avoid alot of the wiring issues by just swapping everything around. There is one plug that you will need to cut from your auto tranny in order for your car to start. You can find alot of info here and on 240sx.org as well or just ask and I can take a picture of it for you. Good Luck.

teampro687
03-03-2004, 04:08 AM
http://240sx.org/links/installs/s14_5speed_swap.htm

240eggsx
03-03-2004, 09:46 AM
You will need:
5M/T
M/T Driveshaft front half
Brake/Clutch pedals
Master/Slave cylinders
Hardline/Softline
Clutch kit
Flywheel
Shift lever
M/T rubber shift boot
M/T flywheel bolts
Pressure plate bolts
M/T console plate/shift boot
M/T ECU

I did the swap on my S14 and it was very straightforward.

bdubb
03-03-2004, 10:38 AM
thanks for your help....

the head
03-03-2004, 01:53 PM
to save A LOT of time and aggrivation just cut down the auto trans pedal for the brake that thing is a bastard to remove i used a cutting wheel and grinder just trimmed it down to the same size as the clutch pedal

kazuo
03-03-2004, 04:52 PM
My friend and I ended up removing the entire brake booster to get the auto Brake pedal out.

And yes, it was a pain in the ass...

mjjstang
03-04-2004, 12:52 AM
well the brake booster comes out when you take the pedal bolts off anyway, but maybe you removed the lines too. but yes I would just cut it down also, as you might get the pedal from a 180sx like I did, you know from someone that just got sr clip in. not knowing the the pedals are shaped differently and it would not clear the streering column. OOps. that wasnt so pleasent. but another word of advice is go get the hardline from the dealership. I was asking people for it, but its going to be a hard item to ship and the dealer only wants 22 bucks for it which is not bad at all.

optionS-13
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM
yes fucking shit, im in the middle of removing the auto brake pedal.. its just chillin there in my car right now.. its SUCH a pain in the ass.. im probably going to end up removing the entire brake booster... shit is pissing me off so bad

mRclARK1
05-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Four years old buddy.

Just cut the pedal, clean it up with a dremel, replace auto brake rubber pedal with manual one. Done and done like this thread.

s13 @ fullboost
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
You will need:

M/T ECU

I did the swap on my S14 and it was very straightforward.

No dude you dont need a manual ECU your better off keeping your Auto one save on money also no 5th gear limiter so if you feel the need to go really fast and not stop at 115 keep your auto ECU