PDA

View Full Version : Nissan 240sx S13 eletrical/starter problems

cke70
08-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Hello guys.
I know there is a lot of threads of this kind of problem, but i couldn´t find any answer to my problem.
Here is the deal, i´ve acquired a 1994 Nissan 240sx KA24DE (canadian spec), and the car has been stoped a long time ago since i put my hands on it this month.
So the problem is that the car does not have any eletrical power, so the engine does not crank e only the headlights are working, when i turn the key to the "on" position there isn´t any signal from the car, no radio, no dash signal, anything!
The day before that happened, the engine cranked and everything was working, but not the engine wich was not starting.
So i checked the batt and it still works because the headlights are working, and i also tryed to jump the batt with another car.

Any ideas?

nissanfreak317
08-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Simply the headlights functioning is not a good indicator of battery health. Also, a dead enough battery will not jump. try starting it at night with the headlights on, if they go all the way off, your battery is toast. You will probably need a new battery based on what you have said so far.

cke70
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
So, you are saying that with a new batt, the problem will disapear??

Nor let us consider some problems with the fuses? because in the driver side on the ground there is a fuse box, and there is no power in some of the fuses of the box

nissanfreak317
08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
I am saying that for a car that has been sitting for a while it the FIRST thing to check because it is the most likely cause of your issues. Perform the test I gave you and report back.

cke70
08-22-2012, 03:10 PM
The problem is that i´ve already tested that, and in the first day i´ve recharged the batt, it cranked over and over again without any problem.
At the second day, when i was turning the key to start i heard a "knock" and the engine didn´t crank, and i smelled something burned, seconds after that the smell was gone... and nothing was working, only the headlights.

cke70
08-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Well guys, it is confirmed that it isn´t the batt problem, cause i added a new batt and the problem is still the same...

answers please!!

flying squirrel
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
have you checked your relays,fuses,and grounds?

however have you done any work to the car?

cke70
08-23-2012, 09:52 AM
I have checked the fuses under the hood and everything is ok, grounds as well.
i suspect the problem is in the fuse box on the driver side next to the clutch pedal, cause there is no eletrical power in there.

I haven't done yet anything in the car, just added gas to make it start

RV_S13
08-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Burned out starter maybe? My starter sticks on 2 out of 3 times. Literally keeps cranking after it starts. Enter panic mode at 7 am, disconnect battery ASAP, reconnect, drive to work. It's a good way to start my day.

RV_S13
08-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Burned out starter maybe? My starter sticks on 2 out of 3 times. Literally keeps cranking after it starts. Enter panic mode at 7 am, disconnect battery ASAP, reconnect, drive to work. It's a good way to start my day.

Wow disregard that. No dash lights and all that, someone smack me for suggesting starter issues. :bowdown:

cke70
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
X2......... lol