PDA

View Full Version : what happened to this turbo...

str33tpr3p
08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Car was starting to run like shit, in other words when i spooled the car would lag as though it wasnt getting enough gas but have a 255walbro fuel pump so i knew that wasnt the issue. Anyways me and my buddy decided to tear it down to see what shape the turbo was in, thats when i came across this...
A shit ton of oil in the motor, i have a feeling its either from a bad pcv valve or my rings are blown.. let me know what you think please ..

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o278/winger99/IMG_8431.jpg

R33E8
08-19-2012, 05:40 PM
The seals are blown.. It needs to be rebuilt if its a journal bearing..

zerodameaon
08-20-2012, 12:46 AM
That's on the wrong side of the turbo to be rings, and PCV normally hooks into the intake or right near the throttle body. That is as stated above your seals, it should be able to be rebuilt with no issues.

Bentleyness
08-20-2012, 01:32 AM
my t3 has a ring in the intake side,

if you rebuild use the stagger ring on the exhaust side, u can find it online its about 25 bucks for one

Croustibat
08-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Car was starting to run like shit, in other words when i spooled the car would lag as though it wasnt getting enough gas but have a 255walbro fuel pump so i knew that wasnt the issue.

Careful because that is wrong. Using a high flow pump just means you wont starve your engine because of poor fuel delivery to the injectors, but it does not mean the car runs stoeich or rich, that depends on the fuel map and injectors capacity.

Your seals being blown may very well be a consequence of another problem, and not a cause. Check your CAS is correctly aligned (get a timing gun, 20$ off ebay). If you cant because it changes, it usually means your CAS splines are worn. That can cause overheating and blowing turbos too.

str33tpr3p
08-20-2012, 07:38 AM
well i already have switched everything im running a top mount turbo set up now. i was just wondering what that might be, i just dont need it to happen to this one. i will be replacing the PCV valve tonight tho .