PDA

View Full Version : vacuum leak - bad idle/stalling

Ilumis
08-11-2012, 12:12 AM
hi! i have a problem with my ca. after driving a bit harder last time (not overheated) the idle is really bad (~400rpm) and the engine would turn off if you dont open the throttle. at higher rpms everything is ok. i thought it could be a leak and actually i heard a leaking noise near the intake manifold while idling. if i open the throttle you can't hear it.i also sprayed some starter spary onto the intake manifold (near the aac) and it helped with idle - so there must be a vacuum leak anywhere.

all the hoses are looking good so i decided to clean the aac completely and put new gaskets in. today i finished work, everything leakproof, but car idles bad like before. there is still this leaking noise at idle which i cant locate exactly, it's coming from the intake manifold near/under the aac - do you think its a bad manifold gasket? is there any other part wich can cause a vacuum leak in this area? hoses are all in good condition..

thanks in advance
greets!

kennedy8383
08-11-2012, 11:24 AM
spray some soapy water all the hoses under the hood and check to see if any bubbles showing..

Edwin562
08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
just take off the whole intake manifold and replace all of the gaskets... i dont think the gasket go for more than 50 bucks at most, at least you will have that peace of mind that u replaced all of the gaskets.

jr_ss
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
You sure your intake manifold is bolted up tight?

Ilumis
08-11-2012, 03:19 PM
just take off the whole intake manifold and replace all of the gaskets... i dont think the gasket go for more than 50 bucks at most, at least you will have that peace of mind that u replaced all of the gaskets. thats what i am planning to do next, as you said it can't harm to replace the gaskets.. i did the same on aac/iac but that doesn't solved the problem so now i will check everything else before taking off the manifold. a bad injector seal could also cause this symptoms, right?

You sure your intake manifold is bolted up tight?

yeah for sure (if nothing has cracked!?)! i never took the manifold off and the engine was always running great for long time..