PDA

View Full Version : SR finished but won't start? wiring questions?

drftdvl
02-27-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm finished with my SR swap into my 89' coupe. But it won't start. It has no electrical power whatsoever, so obiviously i messed up in the wiring somewhere. I used the entire SR wiring out of my clip other than the dash everything is from the SR fuse boxes and all the wiring that runs in front of the radiator. I've been checking the wiring faq's but i'm getting confused b/c it seems like everyone is using alot of the ka wiring. The three wires that run up behind the stock batter location Would this apply to me since i used the SR's wiring for the battery?

Where did i go wrong? any input will help. My only thought is to get and electrical tester and see where the circuit is broken, it'll just take some time but before I start i wanted to make sure that i actually used the correct wiring.

thanks

oberkill
02-27-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm finished with my SR swap into my 89' coupe. But it won't start. It has no electrical power whatsoever, so obiviously i messed up in the wiring somewhere. I used the entire SR wiring out of my clip other than the dash everything is from the SR fuse boxes and all the wiring that runs in front of the radiator. I've been checking the wiring faq's but i'm getting confused b/c it seems like everyone is using alot of the ka wiring. The three wires that run up behind the stock batter location Would this apply to me since i used the SR's wiring for the battery?

Where did i go wrong? any input will help. My only thought is to get and electrical tester and see where the circuit is broken, it'll just take some time but before I start i wanted to make sure that i actually used the correct wiring.

thanks

I think you went wrong by using all the SR wiring. I have never done it but I am pretty sure where those harnesses connect the wires do not line up correctly. (EDIT: I have never installed all the wiring from the front clip, I have done more than 20 SR swaps) The only wiring you need from the clip is the engine harness and it needs to be rewired. If you still have all the wiring from the 240sx chassis I would reinstall it and rewire the engine harness using one of the diagrams that can be found online.

Alan

Redtop_240
02-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I think you went wrong by using all the SR wiring. I have never done it but I am pretty sure where those harnesses connect the wires do not line up correctly. The only wiring you need from the clip is the engine harness and it needs to be rewired. If you still have all the wiring from the 240sx chassis I would reinstall it and rewire the engine harness using one of the diagrams that can be found online.

Alan

www.srswap.com , and yes you are correct the harness needs to be intergrated with some components of the KA harness......Its not just a plug and play........

I know all the shit plugs up but it doesnt work with your accessory and ignition yet.......

Pull the whole harness and get your KA harness and read the FAQ about wirring on srswap.... If you do it to a T you wont even be worried about it the next time....... :)

meme
02-28-2004, 10:05 AM
near the battery; did you join 2 wires together? it is the brown clip. join the 2 wires on the sr harness side. and leave the ka harness side alone.

drftdvl
03-01-2004, 08:00 AM
But a lot of my ka harness had been tampered with b/c it sat in a junkyard with a blown motor for awhile and i thought i would just switch all of the wiring. But basically now i should get another ka harness install it and then re-install an sr harness to be compatible where i could just use the faq's.

goodjuan
03-01-2004, 10:37 AM
damn man, how did you fit the rhd front electrical harness in the lhd 240sx? that gigantic white connector in the driver's side footwell has so many wires in it, it's a challenge to move it around as it is.

but back on subject. Yeah i say get an unmolested front harness from a junkyard and put that in, you should be all good.