PDA

View Full Version : Are the HKS Hiper mufflers on ebay real?

Jumpman-Z
02-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty sure some of you have seen the HKS mufflers on ebay for around $55. I'm just wondering, are they authentic. My friend just bought and installed a set of 4" in. ebay HKS mufflers on his KA24DE frontier. When he opened the box, I didn't see any paper of authencity or anything with the HKS name on it. Also, in the auctions, it says that they are HKS hiper "style", which lead me to believe that they are fake. When I visited the HKS site, and the mufflers were much more expensive.

I thought about telling them that they are fake, but I'm not sure, and people usually get angry because they don't want to hear it. Anyone know if these mufflers are actually fake or real?

xLSTONEx
02-26-2004, 02:22 PM
If it says Style then obviously it isn't real. But why would you just get a muffler for your car anyway. Get a full exhaust.

Ghettokracker71
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure some of you have seen the HKS mufflers on ebay for around $55. I'm just wondering, are they authentic. My friend just bought and installed a set of 4" in. ebay HKS mufflers on his KA24DE frontier. When he opened the box, I didn't see any paper of authencity or anything with the HKS name on it. Also, in the auctions, it says that they are HKS hiper "style", which lead me to believe that they are fake. When I visited the HKS site, and the mufflers were much more expensive.

I thought about telling them that they are fake, but I'm not sure, and people usually get angry because they don't want to hear it. Anyone know if these mufflers are actually fake or real?
Good ways to tell if its NOT real:

~Absurdly good price

~Insanely high shipping for a "lightweight item" thats only 2 or 3 states away

~"style" and such

~Wrong brand to product..... IE HKS Dual N1, Apex'I Nur Spec R....etc. (I've seen it alot)

~no picture of the supposed brand on the product,or pictures of the box or any thing that indicates or actually shows the brands logo

etc.

EDIT:Whats wrong with buying a muffler and getting an exhaust bent-up ? Its alot more unique then say....just buying a system and slapping it on like everybody else....seems like EVERYBODY has the N1 dual for instance....its cool and all,it was my first choice for exhaust,so don't get me wrong.....a '57 chevy is cool,but not when you see one at every stoplight :ughd:

ICKY
02-26-2004, 03:52 PM
seems like EVERYBODY has the N1 dual for instance....its cool and all,it was my first choice for exhaust,so don't get me wrong.....a '57 chevy is cool,but not when you see one at every stoplight

I have the Apexi N1 Single :boink: much more sexie :gives:

Jumpman-Z
02-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I was pretty sure it was fake, just wanted to confirm it. Yeah, he got an exhaust made as well.