PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issues

pacotaco345
07-29-2012, 12:25 AM
So I just got done installing my stage 3 clutch kit and now it doesn't engage until the last ~ 2 inches of pedal travel. Before you flame for not searching I have, and this is different than any of the other issues listed on here. At first I didnt think it was engaging fully but I took a look at it through where the dust cover is and the pressure plate is releasing fully. I know this because I can grab the clutch fork by hand from under the car and it will move further back without the pressure plate leaves moving any further. I've adjusted the pedal a few times already and if I adjust the rod in more it just stops coming up at the end of the master cylinder's stroke and not at the pedal stop. One other issue is that the clutch slips in 4th & 5th gear (this is a stock ka mind you). Now I haven't dumped the clutch or anything stupid like that but is the clutch slipping just because it hasn't fully been broken in yet? Any answers would be great. Thanks!

JANK240
07-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Your adjusting the rod in? Sounds to me like you need to extend it out. You may also try adjusting the stops a little. How much free travel does the pedal have?

pacotaco345
07-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Right now the pedal has about a half inch of free play, and the upper stop is adjusted so the pedal is level with the brake pedal. Also, after I had my issues with the mc getting to the end of the stroke I adjusted it out longer to where it is now. The pedal is adjusted correctly its just that the clutch doesn't engage until the last 2 inches of travel and it slipped under power in 4th. It still isn't broken in yet though so after i made that one pull where it slipped now I'm driving like a grandma for the remainder of the break in period.