PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Cooling Issues...HELP!

xStix99x
07-28-2012, 10:46 PM
For the past 4 years that I have had my sr20det redtop in my '93 240sx, I have had problems with it overheating. I have a koyo aluminum radiator and flex-a-lite dual electric fans. Whenever it overheats, it is because there is some electrical issue. My fans were set up to click on whenever the the engine got to a certain temperature, and it worked for a while, but the nissan switch that flips the fans on always burns out after so many months. I have gone through 4 of those OEM nissan switches. Other times it overheated because one of the fan motors burnt out and jammed, and then the other one a month later, so both of those were replaced. Then I had a professional electrician look at it and they put some fancy stuff in it, but that only worked 6 months before the switch blew again.

I am so sick of this issue. I have it hardwired to a switch in the car, but the switches eventually get too hot and melt on me, not to mention they get so hot they melt the plastic on my center console. I even have a 30amp fuse wired up with it. It just seems like there is too much power running through the positive wire. I am running AC, because I live in Oklahoma and its scorching hot here. I will switch out my fans if need be, but I won't get rid of my radiator. I need an end all be all solution to this. This is a 4 year problem that is making me want to get rid of my car. Thank you for any help.