PDA

View Full Version : People interested in s13 c/f hoods look in here...

adictd2b00st
02-25-2004, 03:18 PM
ok i'm not too sure how many of u have heard of JSP, they are a relativly new company who make body kits / hoods / spoilers etc. they happen to be based 15 minutes from my house so i thought i'd check them out. now currently, they only make hoods for 95+ 240sx, so i sent them an email regarding us s13 guys and here is the reply i got:

"Dear Jay-
Thanks for your inquiry about a carbon fiber hood for your 90 Nissan240sx.
In order to produce a new model such as the Nissan 240sx, we would need to have 10 firm orders (the mold process is very costly) and an original steel hood to copy. We would need the initial customer to ship us their hood for about 4 weeks from which to make the mold. Freight would be your responsibility both ways. If you belong to a car club, you may want to get others interested in this item to make it a reality.

This is how this would come to be.

TEAM JSP "

Is this somthing u guys would be interested in? I've seen a couple of their hoods for other cars in person, and i must say i was impressed with the quality, rolled edges etc. I sent them another email back to try and get a price "range" from them on what it would cost when completed. i have an extra hood sitting here and shipping would be free cause i could just drop it off to them, so that would be the easy part, finding 10 people who'd WANT one would be the next part. so yea, gimme some feedback

heres a link to their site http://www.jspamerica.com/home.cfm

**edit** this would also go for u silvia front end guys too, as long as someone could "donate" a hood for a couple weeks :)

Yoshi
02-25-2004, 03:59 PM
ok i'm not too sure how many of u have heard of JSP, they are a relativly new company who make body kits / hoods / spoilers etc. they happen to be based 15 minutes from my house so i thought i'd check them out. now currently, they only make hoods for 95+ 240sx, so i sent them an email regarding us s13 guys and here is the reply i got:

"Dear Jay-
Thanks for your inquiry about a carbon fiber hood for your 90 Nissan240sx.
In order to produce a new model such as the Nissan 240sx, we would need to have 10 firm orders (the mold process is very costly) and an original steel hood to copy. We would need the initial customer to ship us their hood for about 4 weeks from which to make the mold. Freight would be your responsibility both ways. If you belong to a car club, you may want to get others interested in this item to make it a reality.

This is how this would come to be.

TEAM JSP "

Is this somthing u guys would be interested in? I've seen a couple of their hoods for other cars in person, and i must say i was impressed with the quality, rolled edges etc. I sent them another email back to try and get a price "range" from them on what it would cost when completed. i have an extra hood sitting here and shipping would be free cause i could just drop it off to them, so that would be the easy part, finding 10 people who'd WANT one would be the next part. so yea, gimme some feedback

heres a link to their site http://www.jspamerica.com/home.cfm

**edit** this would also go for u silvia front end guys too, as long as someone could "donate" a hood for a couple weeks :)

in my experience JSP makes medium quality knockoff stuff mostly. It's not my bag, but more power to you if they're that close to ya, the money saved in shiping alone for you might make it worthwhile... HOWEVER this should prolly go in the Group Buy section, que no?

adictd2b00st
02-25-2004, 04:12 PM
in my experience JSP makes medium quality knockoff stuff mostly. HOWEVER this should prolly go in the Group Buy section, que no?

i've had a few people that deal with them at local shops say that all the stuff from jsp that they've been installing recently has been very good quality, just curious what exact product you've had a bad experience with.

and yea, i guess this could go in the group buy forum? altho its just more of guaging interest at this point?

Vatche
02-26-2004, 03:33 AM
you have to post a price....otherwise you wont get any interest

Gladman
02-26-2004, 03:38 AM
unless they're offering better or cheaper CF hoods than the ones that are already on the market.... theres isnt a point.

Its not hard to find an S13 hood... so why go with these guys...

Unless they can make them for cheap.. ie less than about $300US + shipping... you might as well just do a seach and buy from one of the many companies already making hoods.

Ghettokracker71
02-26-2004, 07:02 AM
unless they're offering better or cheaper CF hoods than the ones that are already on the market.... theres isnt a point.

Its not hard to find an S13 hood... so why go with these guys...

Unless they can make them for cheap.. ie less than about $300US + shipping... you might as well just do a seach and buy from one of the many companies already making hoods.
Exactly. Unless they are offering an awsome fugging deal or something....if they are,then I would be interested PENDING on how much...C-F was on the plan sheet for later,but if you can get me a steal....:doh:....deal:D