PDA

View Full Version : dont know crap bout cars.

thatgirl
02-25-2004, 03:37 AM
ne one willing to teach me how to do what you guys do to your car hands on itll be appreciated. im thinking of getting a 240sx and i want my ride to be banging. its not the whole :so it looks good idea: its the idea that i want to learn so if anyone asks me what the specs on my car i won't look dumb and not know anything. :angel:

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 03:52 AM
I would love to help you, but I went blind trying to read your post.

phrozen
02-25-2004, 03:54 AM
where are u located in california?

S13SilviaGirl
02-25-2004, 04:38 AM
hey thatgirl....

email Nadine......... [email protected]
We have an all girl crew that meets up at least once a month. We would be happy to help you out! Just let her know I sent you. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. oh, and here is her BBS www.nadine180.com/bbs hope to see you there!

adey
02-25-2004, 05:25 AM
I think more than a few guys here would be more than happy to give you a hand with anything you might need.
...*cough*...

I'm kidding (although it's probably true!)...

I think I speak for most of the board in saying first of all, welcome to the zilvia.net community and secondly, we'd be more than happy to help you out with your car questions and concerns... provided you keep in mind the presence of (and reason for having a-) SEARCH button at the top of the page.

Happy posting!

boro240
02-25-2004, 05:28 AM
i suggest a lot of reading up. cruise the forums here (FAQ are helpful) and maybe over at freshalloy for a lot of information. if you wanna know something specific, best advice is to search. the people here are (generally speaking) pretty nice, so dont hesitate to ask for help if need be. thats about all i can offer seeing as i live pretty far away.

Ryan of Velocity
02-25-2004, 05:41 AM
My eyes! My eyes!

girl drifters rock.

KiDyNomiTe
02-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Hmm something about this just seems like some bored guy making up a user name to get some laughs, but hey if it is true good luck on learning, and keep the font maybe a darker color

adey
02-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Hmm something about this just seems like some bored guy making up a user name to get some laughs, but hey if it is true good luck on learning, and keep the font maybe a darker color
Dude... I was thinking EXACTLY that when I first read it!! I don't know if it's just the cynicism that's grown inside me after 2 years on 240sx forums or if they just did a bad job covering up their peni- i mean, their true identity, but still.
Sincere apologies to the original poster if that's not the case, but... couldn't help but mention/notice (as well).

The tension, the tension! :bite: Is it a boy or a girl? :mepoke: Will we ever find out? :wavey: :angel:

HiPSI
02-25-2004, 09:22 AM
can someone turn the brightness down on the original post? i started to try to read it, but gave up shortly after developing temporary blindness:(

typhoonslippery
02-25-2004, 09:27 AM
girls whave the easiest time getting into cars .... there is lots of support from all sides it is just you dont see many enthusiasts who take them seriously

first of all change your font color please

nrcooled
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
I hate when women say that no one will teach them anything. What happened to learning on your own. I have owned my 240 since '95 and knew nothing about cars to start then I decided that my ignorance no longer = bliss. So I got off my lazy azz and started learning as much as possible.
Stop depending on others to get the info for you and be proactive!

BTW- Welcome to the Zilvia

NervGS
02-25-2004, 10:56 AM
My mom learned on her own, including all her driving stuffs. Then got a job at the local Toyopet when she was 20 (this was like 30 years ago). She still remembers some stuff today, including helping me purchase my S14 almost 4 1/2 years ago. HAHAHAHAHAH.

She aggrivated the salesman by calling a Z32 a Fairlady and the S14 a Silvia.

-glenn

Burmonster
02-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome the Ziliva!!!!

.....my eyes.....hurt.

Ghettokracker71
02-25-2004, 11:19 AM
I had to copy and paste into notepad to read it ! lol! Welcome,and whatever you want to learn....we're here!

I think its uber-cool when chicks get into cars,and ignore the mantra that only guys are into cars....if thats what they like,then why the hell not :)? ...plus that just means more chicks that lonely car guys can have a chance with ....(I'm not lonely,but you see what I'm saying?)

OptionZero
02-25-2004, 11:44 AM
If you can't read it, just highlight it with your mouse, it becomes a different color (blue w/ white background in this case).

Girls into cars = rockin'

If you're in Davis, CA....please let me know..

knghtryde
02-25-2004, 01:04 PM
Dude will people lay off of her about her type. Sheesh you guys can be so mean sometimes... LoLz...

Anywayz, where in California you from...

Welcome ot Zilvia!

240Stilo
02-25-2004, 01:15 PM
thatgirl: Your best bet would be to email your fellow female car enthusiasts and to search. Asking help from the guys will probably just end up with them trying to hook up with you. :kiss: :rl:

the240sxer95
02-25-2004, 01:22 PM
walcome =]

i eat toothpaste with a fORk.. ;\

Var
02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
dont know crap about cars

you're in the right place

crypticfury85
02-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Hey if you in OC i can try to help you... I'm still learning my-self. I just put on shock/spring, swaybars, stb, and going to put on subframe spacer soon...

sykikchimp
02-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Font color changed. :)

Welcome to Zilvia.

Any retarded remarks from the peanut gallery, and you will be warned.

thatgirl
02-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Dude... I was thinking EXACTLY that when I first read it!! I don't know if it's just the cynicism that's grown inside me after 2 years on 240sx forums or if they just did a bad job covering up their peni- i mean, their true identity, but still.
Sincere apologies to the original poster if that's not the case, but... couldn't help but mention/notice (as well).

The tension, the tension! :bite: Is it a boy or a girl? :mepoke: Will we ever find out? :wavey: :angel:

i am a girl. and no im not just kidding around. im serious. id post something to prove it but thatll just shift into a different topic. :Owned:

adey
02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Hahahaha... Now you're going to get a barrage of PMs telling you to send pics! BTW you have PM. Just kidding.
Alright well we'll have to take your word for it... so again, welcome! Like S13SilviaGrl pointed out, there's a team/group/"crew" out here called "Drifting Pretty"... you might be interested in checking them out. :)

Matt_240
02-25-2004, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=thatgirl]and i want my ride to be banging[QUOTE]

wonderful. :naughtyd:

just ask any questions you want to know about your car here and you'll get 50 million replies in a matter of mins. haha

Zoom8112
02-25-2004, 06:11 PM
i'm single

flirting + internet = profit

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 06:22 PM
i'm single

flirting + internet = jail

hehe. You also have to let everyone know what city you're from too. That might help.

fliprayzin240sx
02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
FOr all you guys...here...go ahead and drool...
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/28/65/3375682/1086719785120s.jpg

And Yes that is her...

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Well, chit why didn't you say so earlier, forget the city, I'll move to where ever you live!

:jerkit: hehe, just kidding. I'm sure she's a nice girl.

Ghettokracker71
02-25-2004, 07:50 PM
i am a girl. and no im not just kidding around. im serious. id post something to prove it but thatll just shift into a different topic. :Owned:
Damn:)....she don't put up with crap....:Ownedd:....good for you,thatgirl

OptionZero
02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
She just raised the hotness quotient of the average zilvia poster by a bout a million points.

Yes, we are that ugly.

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 09:28 PM
True, I'm no help, and I've seen most the Norcal people. ME-> :Ownedd:

fliprayzin240sx
02-25-2004, 10:05 PM
haha nightwalker...if its any consolation...she lives out in sac.

Zoom8112
02-25-2004, 10:36 PM
she be cute

ok ladies and nightwalker, i am from san fran, and i go to school in SJ [SJSU durr]

OptionZero
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Tell her to come on down to the Sac meet-up.

knghtryde
02-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Okay guys, she's asking for help not someone to pick up on here.

Zilvia guys, you see a cute face and something besides your brain does the drifting. I don't know how safe that is.

hahahahahaha.

knghtryde
02-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help out, just hit me up on PM or IM and I'll tell you what I know with out trying to get your number or get you to go out with me or anything like that.

I'm married. lolz

OptionZero
02-26-2004, 10:56 AM
yah, and i'm...wait...single alone and sad....haha

J/P

fliprayzin240sx
02-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Great job guys...think yall jes scared my girl away. =p Well if i get my car running by the sac meet...ill drag her wit me. Actually she was wit me david at grant ranch. All of a sudden she started liking S14s and been looking them up online. :mepoke:

knghtryde
02-26-2004, 12:00 PM
I knew that was going to happen.

What is it like 99% single guys on zilvia or something, cause everytime a girl comes on the entire world crowds em.

LoLz. Okay you know what this just got funny.

kazuo
02-26-2004, 12:11 PM
David, why are you cockblockin? ;)

If they wanna hit on girls online, let them... doesnt mean she has to put up with their shit (and she probably wont).

Oh well, whatever. Welcome to the board, blah blah blah come to teh meets r u hot wheres ur pix j/k :P :D

knghtryde
02-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Art...

I'm just messing around... I'm bored... There's no meets any time soon except for the guys driving down to D1 and I'm not going....

Hey if you are going to D1 this weekend how the hell am I suppose to go over there to help you move everything outta the garage...

Anywayz anyone doing anything this weekend, besides going to D1

ICKY
02-26-2004, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Zilvia!

I don't know much myself but im always looking at tech forums and search this site as i gather up info. learning for myself.

Azn Girls = :faint:
Azn Girls into Cars = :naughty: :hsdance:

nightwalker
02-26-2004, 02:23 PM
haha nightwalker...if its any consolation...she lives out in sac.

I wasn't trying to pick up on her. I have a girlfriend. But if she does want to learn about cars, just come out to the meet on Saturday like everyone else, and just talk shop with us. Just by hanging around people who know more than you, you'll pick up a lot of stuff quick. Unless she's just doing this to get some attention........ :rolleyes:

Ghettokracker71
02-26-2004, 02:57 PM
I wasn't trying to pick up on her. I have a girlfriend. But if she does want to learn about cars, just come out to the meet on Saturday like everyone else, and just talk shop with us. Just by hanging around people who know more than you, you'll pick up a lot of stuff quick. Unless she's just doing this to get some attention........ :rolleyes:
:werd: ...just by browsing these forums you can learn alot

citizen
02-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Three steps to learning about cars:

1. Drive
2. Break stuff
3. Fix it

If you need any more of Citizen's patented 3-step programs, send Cash or Cash to....