PDA

View Full Version : there is a show in speed vision, they tuning a 240sx rigth NOW!

bik
02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
go try to catch it O_O it just started

element240
02-24-2004, 10:08 PM
damn i don't have that channel........

ca18guy
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
This sucks, they're pissing me off more then anything.

ssssilvia
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
they just called it an old truck engine

ssssilvia
02-24-2004, 10:15 PM
and showed absolutely nothing about the swap

bik
02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
I likeed how the car looked at the end, but kinda need another half hour show O_O

to see how the car handles and stuff ^_^

VersionS13
02-24-2004, 10:34 PM
I thought that show was kinda gay.

nocomedown
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
This sucks, they're pissing me off more then anything.
seriously. that was lame. none of the three 'main' guys did anything to the car. the finished product wasnt that bad. i woulda taken off the wing, repainted the car (including hood). but i would have thanked them for the free engine, coilovers and s13 front
they seriously knew nothing about the car though

FastBack 240
02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Pointless show...89' Nissan cant have a single stock part on it...i thought the paint and body was nice minus wing...also wheels were sweet...i like how stock he said it handle like a pig... and said the motor was good to push 400 horse stock. Just another kid wanting to drift is all the show was about. O yea can't forget to mention the "Delivery Truck Engine" part either :ghey: .

bobmeindertsma
02-24-2004, 10:47 PM
totally dissapointed.
waste of 30minutes of my life.
at least i could see them paint.
:duh:

Vatche
02-25-2004, 01:22 AM
well the stock engine is a truck engine...haha

nightwalker
02-25-2004, 01:41 AM
dang it, I missed that chit! My girl was watching some show and wouldn't let me see it. From the sound of it, I didn't miss too much.

mike13
02-25-2004, 07:58 AM
I stayed up late to see the midnight EST airing and i'm tired as hell at work now.
Show was gay as hell.
Those guys dont know shit about building a drift car... 265 wide rear tires look awesome though.
the front grill they used was hideous... i didnt like the color, or the wing, or the side skirts, or the projector headlights...come to think of it, the front fenders were the only decent looking thing they put on. The intercooler was sunken in like 6". must have flush intercooler!!!
THey couldnt even put the bumper on they had to "break the spot welds" and move the bumper back 2 inches... I've never heard of such nonsense.
OH yeah, words to live by: "The more air, the more horsepower" DERR
THat kid must have been so proud of himself, theres no way i'd ever have somone hook my car up, especially a bunch of fat asses who know nothing and would hack my rear quarter panels and hammer them together.
what a mess.
I love how the SR swap magically appears...
im rambling,, as you can tell i should have went to sleep earlier.

TiNMAN
02-25-2004, 08:15 AM
i didnt catch it either, doesnt seem like i missed out on much, lol. :)

typhoonslippery
02-25-2004, 09:04 AM
anyone have this video saved or taped ?

HiPSI
02-25-2004, 09:12 AM
a laughed the whole way through. the car looked ok at the end, but the only performance "upgrades" they did were an FMIC and exhaust, i'd love to see that kid try to drift that car with about 200rwhp and 265 rear tires ;)

and it's just plain UBER GAY that they didn't even drive the car when it was "done". they didn't mention the brands of any of the crap they used on the car. they didn't show any actual work being done other than paint for a few seconds and the guy cutting up the rear fenders.

the last show these guys did had an RX8 on it, made 174rwhp and 131 ft/lbs of torque stock on the dyno. when they added nitrous they only got a little over 30 hp out of it and all they did other than that was put some crappy vinyl on it and some ugly wheels. and they kept calling it NAAAWWWSSSS :madfawk: that show=teh gheyness. :ghey:

Mr. Spool
02-25-2004, 09:26 AM
thats all an rx8 produces stock, thats friggen rediculouse, by the way arnt the speed vision guys all rednecks. just a thought

nrcooled
02-25-2004, 09:30 AM
I did catch the rx8 episode and decided that CSI was more interesting so I turned. Very ghey! All they did was rant back and forth then really show nothing.

Sportscar Revolution (new show on speed) is infinately more interesting.

wittyname
02-25-2004, 09:35 AM
thats all an rx8 produces stock, thats friggen rediculouse, by the way arnt the speed vision guys all rednecks. just a thought

All those guys on that show are douchebags, they try to make that show like american chopper on discovery channel, those guys dont know crap about crap, every once in a while you'd get some other random guy working on the car explaining details of the project to the camera. I say fire those dorky losers and just film the real people doing work on the car

nrcooled
02-25-2004, 09:40 AM

Hence the reason Mazda:
1. will buy back the car for the original purchace price or...
2. will give you so much money in factory mods and...
3. changed the stock hp and tq figures to better reflect the actual whp numbers

The funny thing is my Mazdaspeed Protege makes more power then the rx8

shnitz
02-25-2004, 01:02 PM
yeah, they kept saying nos, but then brought out a NX kit, they are still saying " NOS NOS NOS",haha. i just went to their webpage and they also have NOS written all over there yet they have NX listed as one of the sponsors, i would be pretty mad if i were them, that is someone putting a corvette engine in their car and telling everyone that they have a "ford swap"

on the bright side, on their front apge, they have a picture of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL girl, the one in a white bikini top, about halfway down the page.

Wei240
02-25-2004, 01:28 PM
All those guys on that show are douchebags, they try to make that show like american chopper on discovery channel, those guys dont know crap about crap, every once in a while you'd get some other random guy working on the car explaining details of the project to the camera. I say fire those dorky losers and just film the real people doing work on the car
yeah, i thought about that, unlike those other shows, i don't see the 'mechanics' do any real work,... bunch of fakes...
but i'm not hating the car, it actually looks nice,
wonder about the coilovers, i've never seen that one before...

Jeff240sx
02-25-2004, 01:32 PM
well the stock engine is a truck engine...haha

Is this a lack of braincells, or ignorance at it's finest? The KA24E was in a nissan 240sx before it ever got de-tuned and placed in a truck. So, the Nissan Hardbody has a sportscar engine. :madfawk: :Owned:
-Jeff

JerkFaceJason
02-25-2004, 09:04 PM
Is this a lack of braincells, or ignorance at it's finest? The KA24E was in a nissan 240sx before it ever got de-tuned and placed in a truck. So, the Nissan Hardbody has a sportscar engine. :madfawk: :Owned:
-Jeff

this is true, but lets all be honest- if you saw the dyno chart of a KA (having no previous knowledge of one) and had to guess at what type of vehicle it was used for you would say a truck. :/

Jeff240sx
02-26-2004, 01:56 AM
this is true, but lets all be honest- if you saw the dyno chart of a KA (having no previous knowledge of one) and had to guess at what type of vehicle it was used for you would say a truck. :/

Why? Would it look different than the dyno chart I got from my corvette (well.. 400 horsepower less). Nope. Are you just used to seeing honda curves?
-Jeff

fooddude
02-26-2004, 02:26 AM
Haha, thats a funny sig photo

BadMoJo
02-26-2004, 02:32 AM
yeah, fuck that show. Bunch of dumbass ricer tools. Truck engine?!! eat my ass!! :bash:

That show makes me want to punch people in the face! :hammer:

And who in the hell would look at a KA dyno and think truck motor??? Possibly a honda owner.... or a lawnmower tuner, but thats about it.

JerkFaceJason
02-26-2004, 08:41 AM
yeah, fuck that show. Bunch of dumbass ricer tools. Truck engine?!! eat my ass!! :bash:

That show makes me want to punch people in the face! :hammer:

And who in the hell would look at a KA dyno and think truck motor??? Possibly a honda owner.... or a lawnmower tuner, but thats about it.

perhaps because of all the low end torque?

nrcooled
02-26-2004, 09:12 AM
I had posted a dyno at honda-acura.net once and someone asked "why is your tq higher then your hp".
I replied "that's what happens when you don't buy a honda"

hookedup240
02-26-2004, 09:17 AM
perhaps because of all the low end torque?

are you stupid.....look at all domestic dyno's all their cars have higher torque. And even most newer cars look at all luxury cars...more torque!!!

Its good to have torque....go back to your lawnmowers

AKADriver
02-26-2004, 09:26 AM
-Jeff

It was in the U12-body Stanza/Bluebird/Pintara before the 240SX, though (1988).

240eggsx
02-26-2004, 09:27 AM
You guys should have respect for the honda B, F, and K series DOHC VTEC engines. They really are amazing pieces of engineering. I do miss the 8800rpm fuel cut on my old RSX-S and the looks on 350Z drivers faces when a honda pulls them on the highway.

AKADriver
02-26-2004, 09:29 AM
The B-series was awesome for 1989... the K-series is awesome for today. A K20A2 makes as much torque as a KA24E - that's progress!

Jeff240sx
02-26-2004, 12:51 PM
are you stupid.....look at all domestic dyno's all their cars have higher torque. And even most newer cars look at all luxury cars...more torque!!!

Its good to have torque....go back to your lawnmowers

Domestics. That's why I brought up my Corvette.

It was in the U12-body Stanza/Bluebird/Pintara before the 240SX, though (1988).

I didn't know that, but then again, I was talking about RWD ka's. Anyway, it still proves the KA isn't a truck motor... it was simply adapted to a truck. And why the hell doesn't anyone call Viper motors a "truck engine" near as much as we get it? How about that musclecar with a 454+ c.i. engine? Tell him his 10 second car is powered by a truck engine.
-Jeff

hookedup240
02-26-2004, 06:28 PM
You guys should have respect for the honda B, F, and K series DOHC VTEC engines. They really are amazing pieces of engineering. I do miss the 8800rpm fuel cut on my old RSX-S and the looks on 350Z drivers faces when a honda pulls them on the highway.

yea sure you pull on the 350 when they are in 6th.

Bliss
02-26-2004, 09:29 PM
b and f series engines are pretty damn badass, whether u want to say so or not. ignorance of a subject means you cant speak intelligently about a topic, so be quiet. so what if he can pull on a 350 in 6th? how many can YOU pull on a 350, in ANY gear?
have any of you ever seen a fast honda? yes, they exist. And yes, some are fast as hell. get off the honda bashing squad. honda is falling behind and getting old, but so is this "all hondas and their owners suck!!" shit.

hookedup240
02-26-2004, 09:55 PM
b and f series engines are pretty damn badass, whether u want to say so or not. ignorance of a subject means you cant speak intelligently about a topic, so be quiet. so what if he can pull on a 350 in 6th? how many can YOU pull on a 350, in ANY gear?
have any of you ever seen a fast honda? yes, they exist. And yes, some are fast as hell. get off the honda bashing squad. honda is falling behind and getting old, but so is this "all hondas and their owners suck!!" shit.

read the thread! he says he pulled on a 350 with a rsx-s. I'm assuming its stock, and a rsx is not faster than a 350.

I don't bash honda's....my best friend actually has a nice accord, i bash the owners.

G240sx
02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
i had an rsx before, and it will not pull on a 350z given same gear and from same speed. Maybe the look he was giving you "haha look at that rsx trying to race me?"